• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

Reaction score
Two people are dead and several are injured after severe weather swept through the state on Saturday night, Mayes County officials confirmed.

At least five people were injured near the west side of Pryor between the county line and city limits, officials said.

Reaction score
Are those 5 deaths just from that one storm?

Yes, each of these articles I've posted are from local news in the various regions I saw that were affected last night. So it looks like there were fatalities in multiple states last night. Now that it's light, I'm sure we'll see some pretty horrific images.

Reaction score
At this rate, this tornado outbreak looks like it will the deadliest of the year so far.

Just makes it all the more infuriating when people, even me, had the gall to call this a bust when the event was slow to start.
This event is still part of the outbreak sequence that produced the greenfield ef4…theres been tornadoes every day since the 19th

Wind Driven Coconut

Reaction score
Thankfully the Mayfield storm weakened on the next scan. Awful night, I went to bed thinking the worst was over. Still concerned about any new reports we may hear from Arkansas. Many CC drops during the night in several communities.

Kds86z

Reaction score
At this rate, this tornado outbreak looks like it will the deadliest of the year so far.

Just makes it all the more infuriating when people, even me, had the gall to call this a bust when the event was slow to start.
Yep. Fatality numbers going to climb in Texas probably sheriff said. We got today to get through also. Was hard to sleep..

Back