• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

Evan

Reaction score
The amazing thing is that the 1630Z D1 outlook does not adjust the hatched area(s) or overall tenor even the least vs. 12Z (the 2%/5% areas have even been expanded a bit). The 15% has only been trimmed relative to 1630Z yesterday. Given all the uncertainties the latest outlook is remarkably aggressive.

I don't agree. I think some of the uncertainties have begun to be resolved. Plus, it's a forecast...the potential is absolutely there, and as some of the uncertainties have been resolved this morning, it would actually be more aggressive to dial things back than maintain.

Tanner

Reaction score
Hrrr is now in more agreement with the nam on firing convection in central Oklahoma, and it’s organized convection too instead sloppy left movers.
View attachment 27754
People are going to be so regretty spaghetti after calling today off early. We’ve seen downtrends in the prior overnight models so much before big events, just for them to uptrend back right before.

jiharris0220

Reaction score
People are going to be so regretty spaghetti after calling today off early. We’ve seen downtrends in the prior overnight models so much before big events, just for them to uptrend back right before.
Yeah, these really big potential tornado outbreaks seem to love trending down until the last second, this latest hrrr run also trends back with a stronger LLJ as well.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
I'm still a bit skeptical but the ceiling is so incredibly high. The uptrend/recovery did catch me a bit off guard though, so I'm starting to doubt less the severity of today.

Evan

Reaction score
I'm still a bit skeptical but the ceiling is so incredibly high. The uptrend/recovery did catch me a bit off guard though, so I'm starting to doubt less the severity of today.

I still have some concerns with whether or not the moisture advection can keep up with rising air temps, however, thus far the trend is that it can in many places. Then we come to initiation...

Next few hours should be clarifying (aren't they always?).

Maxis_s

Reaction score
I still have some concerns with whether or not the moisture advection can keep up with rising air temps, however, thus far the trend is that it can in many places. Then we come to initiation...

Next few hours should be clarifying (aren't they always?).
Funny enough, I knew models were gonna completely fall apart after the 00z runs. And I was right.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
Moisture overperforming compared to models, cyclogenesis seems to be ongoing (and stronger than forecasted), and now the NAM is showing the LLJ absolutely cranking again, even more than before possibly.
Still uncertain but I do think we're in store for a long, long day.

Kds86z

Reaction score
Moisture overperforming compared to models, cyclogenesis seems to be ongoing (and stronger than forecasted), and now the NAM is showing the LLJ absolutely cranking again, even more than before possibly.
Still uncertain but I do think we're in store for a long, long day.
I still worry about Texas. The left splits

Back