• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

A Guy

Reaction score
It seems to the point I wonder if EF5 ratings even exist anymore. Thank you John Robinson who screwed everything up in regards to the Vilonia 2014 tormado.
I think it goes back to those who decided that the sixth step of Fujita's easy to use visual scale intended to apply to houses shouldn't apply to houses because vibes.

Reaction score
Oh btw...the tornado that hit valley view Texas has been upped to 140mph ef3. And is the longest track tornado of the year now with a path of over 47 miles.

The Celina Texas 165mph ef3 was a brief but violent satelitte with a path length of less than a mile. Also it looks like the Celina tornado will remain an ef3 with 165mph winds…which is fair. It wasn’t clear cut at all.

Reaction score
I think it goes back to those who decided that the sixth step of Fujita's easy to use visual scale intended to apply to houses shouldn't apply to houses because vibes.
That is because the EF-SCALE is a construction scale and not a damage scale. There is a lot of incompetence when it comes to common sense when regarding high-end contextual damage all by itself.

Back