• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 3/13-3/15/2024

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, there's been an active tornado warning for about an hour on a cell in SW Texas at the outer boundary of today's marginal risk.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Pulled my rant about LMK’s rating of the Milton tornado. Getting conflicting reports of whether they went with EF1 or EF2. That office’s past calls don’t exactly inspire confidence though. We’ll see.

Edit: Figured it out. This was bad reporting on WLKY’s end. EF1 damage in Milton, EF2 damage outside of Milton. Whoever wrote the article ignored the second part and just reported that an EF1 tornado hit Milton. I’d get chewed out big time at work if I sent out a story like that…

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

buckeye05

Reaction score
Indiana DoHS said late last night that the three fatalities reported out of Winchester, IN were unconfirmed, so theres a bit of hope there

Town officials are now saying three critical injuries, but no deaths in Winchester. Sounds like something got miscommunicated.

KevinH

Reaction score
Seems like Spc underestimated how strong this event was going to be especially for the IN/OH region. Should have at least been an enhanced or possibly a moderate cat. risk area.
Well with the experience, knowledge, tools, education that most of us on here do not have, I am sure they would have issued/upgraded those risks if they had the data to do so.

Even with all that they have going for them, predicting the weather is far more difficult than people realize :/ The SPC issues forecasts based on what they see in the models, etc. They cannot issue forecasts based on what is going to happen because there is no way for them to know with 100% accuracy exactly what is going to happen with the weather until it does.

We have to give them credit for what they do, that we do (will?) not do ourselves.

Back