• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2023

KevinH

Reaction score
Finally got a copy of Supercell. For those of you who don't know it's the latest tornado/weather movie. It's OK if you're a real movie buff it is a little slow and the acting is a little wooden. The special effect production quality is pretty cheap . You can also easily pick out the Blue screen shots. What they did do well is happen was get an astonishing amount of actual footage of storms. The storm footage is pretty impressive and they a pretty good job of explaining severe weather.

I'm not a storm chaser, but It feels like they try to relay what that experience is like and what drives people to chase tornadoes. They also reference all the right termanology. I enjoyed it. I think they tried to touch on some deeper aspects of meteorologist, and I'm not smart enough to know the if they did it correctly, but at least they tried. They do talk about some things I have never heard discussed about in a storm movie before. If you get a chance, I would recommend watching it and when you get to through if you have a chance read this summary, I ran across... but don't read it until you watch the movie it'll spoil it.

SUPERCELL

Is that Alec Baldwin?! ROFL

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The EURO has been the most reluctant to show greater severe potential for Sunday(26th)/Monday(27th) of next week, but today’s 12z run favored the risk. The GFS operational is not as bullish as we previously saw it with this system a few days ago. A lot of uncertainty remains with regards to this period.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The 12z UM and EURO strengthened the low-level jet considerably Sunday eve and overnight. Looked like a significant severe threat.

The 00z run of these two models continued the idea of a significant threat. The operational GFS is not sold, but a lot of its ensemble members look potent. Still too much uncertainty to start a new thread.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm going to be on a cross county trip to California the first two weeks of April so it's only natural that's when the severe will be at its worst here

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That system end of this month or late next week needs watching closely , trough has that look to it to produce big severe weather over large area . Starts plains then moves east. If slower solution takes place , the severe wx increases for the south

Back