• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2023

Gail

Reaction score
That system end of this month or late next week needs watching closely , trough has that look to it to produce big severe weather over large area . Starts plains then moves east. If slower solution takes place , the severe wx increases for the south
Ugh! I hate winter and spring. It’s relentless.

Reaction score
That system end of this month or late next week needs watching closely , trough has that look to it to produce big severe weather over large area . Starts plains then moves east. If slower solution takes place , the severe wx increases for the south

12Z GFS has a monster 986MB low moving into the Midwest late Friday afternoon (3/31). Could be the first chase day of the year for me, or just a huge convective mess. Something seems wonky on the forecast soundings, with such a powerful surface low you'd think the surface-850mb winds would be more backed. This was about the best hodograph I could find and it's convectively contaminated.

Attachments

• gfs_2023032512_153_42.0--91.5.png
    gfs_2023032512_153_42.0--91.5.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 0

KevinH

Reaction score

Sure looks like a fitting way to pay for the blowtorchy winter in the east and the Nina to go out...

FYI.. there is a thread for this time frame

Logo 468x120
Back