• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2023

andyhb

Reaction score
The 00z Euro for the period around 4/4 is absolutely unreal.

Potential is huge around that timeframe, and that's all I'll say on it for now.

JPWX

Reaction score
00z Euro valid for the timeframe that @andyhb alluded too. Yep that 983mb low pressure would certainly bring a threat combined with widespread dewpoints in the mid/upper 60s.

Attachments

• ecmwf-deterministic-conus-z500_speed-0652800.png
    ecmwf-deterministic-conus-z500_speed-0652800.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-03-28 062607.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-28 062607.png
    900.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-03-28 062629.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-28 062629.png
    654.1 KB · Views: 0

JPWX

Reaction score
FYI, the low pressure system that led to the 2011 Super Outbreak had a pressure of 990mbar. Definitely not saying another super outbreak is expected. However, I will say the back to back outbreaks we've seen each week thus far along with 2 additional threats coming up, I'm definitely getting Spring 2011 vibes.

KevinH

Reaction score
FYI, the low pressure system that led to the 2011 Super Outbreak had a pressure of 990mbar. Definitely not saying another super outbreak is expected. However, I will say the back to back outbreaks we've seen each week thus far along with 2 additional threats coming up, I'm definitely getting Spring 2011 vibes.
We are overdue.

MichelleH

Reaction score
Of COURSE you will hahahaha

You do know that you don’t get extra credit or a trophy for making threads right? lol

Um, dude? I wouldn't be shouting that too loudly considering you were on a thread-creating kick lately. Whoever wants to make threads can (well, except me) but let's not be snarky. If you were just kidding, ok, but came off snarky. From now through May, we all need to have our heads on a swivel and not worry about who is or isn't creating threads. People have already died and if we get through April without more deaths we'll be very lucky.

KevinH

Reaction score
Um, dude? I wouldn't be shouting that too loudly considering you were on a thread-creating kick lately. Whoever wants to make threads can (well, except me) but let's not be snarky. If you were just kidding, ok, but came off snarky. From now through May, we all need to have our heads on a swivel and not worry about who is or isn't creating threads. People have already died and if we get through April without more deaths we'll be very lucky.

Yes I was, and it left me a little traumatized (not really lol). He has taken my place, so I have to give him a bad time (lol) and yes I was kidding.

For me, there is nothing wrong with making threads within the guidelines the admins have set. If this season is going to be as active as people are starting to say, it will be imperative that those guidelines are followed by all users.

People have the option, to be notified via email anytime someone makes a new thread or comments on a thread they are already “watching”. This can be enabled/disabled by the user as needed.

I used to get notifications for ALL svr threads and “watch” them and enable email notifications. Ow I will only watch a thread IF the thread/threat pertains to my area. Now that we are getting closer to peak time, I don’t want to receive 374,772,637,373 notification emails for the 4,737 threads that could be created over the next few weeks (and yes, I was exaggerating those numbers lol). I don’t have time to go through all of those comments lol

Severe weather is nothing new. The earth does every year, all year (to different degrees). With that said, even though the chances of an individual being struck my a tornado are fairly low, there are STILL a lot of people who live in tornado prone areas that do/will not take a threat seriously unless and until it affects them directly.

I hope EVERYONE has a safety plan AND will encourage others to do so as well.

Happy thread creating! :D BE SAFE! STAY SAFE!

Back