• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2023

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The models still have that look of a potential severe weather event in the extended (sometime from the 23rd-26th).

Here is a solution from the UM model for next Thursday 3/23.

us_model-en_modkor_2023031400_234_5_149.png
us_model-en_modkor_2023031400_234_5_449.png

And this is what the EURO showed in the mid levels.

us_model-en_modez_2023031400_240_5_448.png

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Don't see anything official from Jackson, but I'm showing KGWX/Columbus AFB radar back running again on all of my software/apps.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
C'mon guys....... A bit nsfw but this is a official post by SPC so...I'll leave it there View attachment 18738
And of course the right b@ll is plastered right on top of us... don't get me wrong, we got plenty of snow last month but this is just wrong on every level...

JPWX

Reaction score
C'mon guys....... A bit nsfw but this is a official post by SPC so...I'll leave it there View attachment 18738
faint GIF

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
March 16th might be the earliest I've ever seen a GFS long-range TC pop up. Highly likely to be a phantom, but it's not totally fantasy range, either.

Let's not, please. Can we have a tornado chase season first without having to worry about tropical storms screwing up moisture trajectories?
Spring hasn’t even officially started yet …. There will be chances month April

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
March 16th might be the earliest I've ever seen a GFS long-range TC pop up. Highly likely to be a phantom, but it's not totally fantasy range, either.

Let's not, please. Can we have a tornado chase season first without having to worry about tropical storms screwing up moisture trajectories?
Hey this'll end up being a blizzard for the south not a tropical system lol. Or at least in my wish casting my mind it is haha

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Looking at the GFS the 'tropical' system looks more like a non-tropical low ramping up in the Gulf then rides up the east coast. More like a nor'easter type system.

Gail

Reaction score
I need the Weather Gods to give us a break on March 15th. It’s on a Wednesday. I cringed when I saw that. My husband has to be at UAB for a surgery, which means my hate-to-drive self has to drive him the three hours home. I need sunshine and dry roads.

I want to thank the Weather Gods for this beautiful, chilly day! We were on the road at 3:30 this morning, he’s still in surgery until who knows when. I really appreciate these kind of spring days!

Back