• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2021

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just had a tornado warned storm literally pass right overhead. Our power flickered but we're good. I've seen reports of trees down elsewhere in Arlington and the couplet rolled pretty much straight over downtown DC. Too dark to get any good video unfortunately.

Sounds like there's been quite a bit of damage, including trees down with entrapments and power lines down https://www.arlnow.com/2021/07/01/breaking-arlington-under-tornado-warning/

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah, the first of the two tornadoes passed maybe 10 blocks north of my apartment. No damage here but lots of branches down around town and along the National Mall. For reference, the last red dot on the path is just south of the White House.

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Yesterday was a very uncomfortable day for me. One I am going to rectify soon. I was working on my property yesterday and while I knew storms were possible, I thought it was just going to be a pop up thunderstorm. Yet Here I was deep in Cullman county and couldn't see what was coming. I wasn't scared, but I was very uncomfortable because I had no TV, no radar, hardly any signal on my cell phone, just enough to make a phone call. I luckily did have my battery powered weather radio so I knew that it was only storms and not anything more sever, but not being able to lay eyes on radar, made me very uncomfortable.

Logo 468x120
Back