• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2021

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score

Southern Czechoslovakia, this evening. Per Reuters (includes damage pictures):

A Czech Television meteorologist said the tornado, reported in towns around Hodonin, along the Austrian border and 270 km (167 miles) southeast of Prague, may have reached F3-F4 levels, with winds hitting 267-322 km per hour in the latter level.

atrainguy

Reaction score
Looks like weather is getting crazy in Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan. Here in Michigan Reed Timmer confirms a tornado is on the ground going towards the Clare area near Mt Pleasant.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There are spin-ups all up and down the line in IL and several warnings in MI. This thing is overperforming quite a bit I'd say! I went to grad school in Mount Pleasant and I think my wife used to live in Charlotte, never nice to see names you know popping up in warnings.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That supercell ahead of the line east of Olivet really worries me. Out there by itself and on track to come through the southern part of Lansing.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
More photos from Port Austin
rawImage.jpg

4fa3dc31-e1cb-40dc-8cf1-0d8705f940db-Port_Austin_1.jpg

40cd8c22-312e-483f-8534-2a632eaac86c-Port_Austin_2.jpg

ratio3x2_1200.jpg

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Has just been rated EF2. Likely the most intense damage from yesterday’s tornado event.
All in all, not too shabby for a Slight Risk with 5% tornado probabilities. But at this point with how slow tornado season has been, even tornadoes rated EF2 have seem to become far and few between.

Back