• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather 2021

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Some damage coming out of Bertram, TX @Austin Dawg

That's just a couple of miles NW of my location where I noticed the signature on radar from the approaching storm. I kept looking at the radar going out and looking and the clouds which were very low but I couldn't see if they were rotating. I thought I was just having delusions until they popped up the warning.

Guess I will believe RadarScope Pro from now on. It was a good example of how any severe thunderstorm can become tornadic at any time and we still don't understand why.

akt1985

Reaction score
A slight risk of severe thunderstorms is out for Saturday for parts of the Tennessee, mid-Mississippi and Ohio River Valleys per the SPC.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We've got a slight risk with a 15% hatched area up here for Sunday. Mainly for damaging winds.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
To those of you far better at reading the long-range better than I, what are we looking at severe wise? I think we have some marginal stuff on Wednesday, but anything beyond that?

Reaction score
To those of you far better at reading the long-range better than I, what are we looking at severe wise? I think we have some marginal stuff on Wednesday, but anything beyond that?

Looks like a relative lull for about the next two weeks, from more widespread/higher-ceiling threats at least.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looking at subseasonal indicators it feels like we may be alright until the second half of April but that's far from a guarantee, quick glance at modeling shows high pressure and mostly quiet conditions for a while after Wednesday though

MattPetrulli

Reaction score
Looking at subseasonal indicators it feels like we may be alright until the second half of April but that's far from a guarantee, quick glance at modeling shows high pressure and mostly quiet conditions for a while after Wednesday though
Probably get the plains going after next week but nothing that screams outbreak, however.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

There are a lot of discrepancies among the models for next week so it’s hard to be too confident about any solution, but the GFS operational and ensembles have up ticked in a potential system mid-late next week.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NWS has suffered a data outage issue this morning (Tuesday), so the SPC outlooks have not been updated.
They seem to be having a lot of issues as of late. I know that during the last severe event the NWSChat service was randomly dropping out as well.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well better that it happened this week than last week, I guess. It is pretty bad that they have to encourage people to stay out of NWS Chat on big days. Their system really ought to be able to handle a higher level of traffic when something important is happening. I mean, come on, it's 2021, not 1997.

Back