• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2021

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a mistake but it looks like the Euro says we might have storms initiate here in my area before it fires up in the Mid South.

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus-2.png

I cant get the hodo to upload, weird.

tlcrawford90

Reaction score
I am seeing TOR soundings on several models for this afternoon in the Birmingham area between 4 and 7pm. I am locked in on Wednesday just like everyone else, but I sure hope we haven't looked past today. All of our local guys are downplaying the tornado threat.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Got a strengthening line moving through here with thunder on the increase but luckily not showing any signs of trouble just yet... the day's still young though

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Got a strengthening line moving through here with thunder on the increase but luckily not showing any signs of trouble just yet... the day's still young though
The storm just south of Oakman is showing the slightest hint of wanting to rotate.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Jefferson be on alert, this is actually continuing to tighten a bit. Could see a surprise here in a bit if that continues.

Evan

Reaction score
Jefferson be on alert, this is actually continuing to tighten a bit. Could see a surprise here in a bit if that continues.

Yeah I've been watching it. It was starting to get going a bit but on the latest scan it broadened back out. Hoping that's as close as we get.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah luckily it's broadened out a lot, still could spin something up but marginal risk is still probably a good call given poor instability. Wind profile isn't half bad if we get a good sustained cell though.

download (8).png

2,000th post apparently, wooo

Reaction score
It falls between the two event threads, but there's been a hail-driven Enhanced upgrade for portions of the Plains. A fairly large 5% tornado zone is outlooked as well, but SPC's discussion sounds like they expect mainly nocturnal storms. It does extend eastward across portions of the Lower Mississippi Valley, which could be the initial round that continues into Wednesday.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
It falls between the two event threads, but there's been a hail-driven Enhanced upgrade for portions of the Plains. A fairly large 5% tornado zone is outlooked as well, but SPC's discussion sounds like they expect mainly nocturnal storms. It does extend eastward across portions of the Lower Mississippi Valley, which could be the initial round that continues into Wednesday.
1615914207845.gif

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GFS shows a highly progressive pattern with several troughs and shortwaves only a few days apart for the rest of March, but I'd assume moisture return is going to be the limiting factor. Long range shows some interesting systems but nothing is really set in stone until it gets much closer.

Ok now it's sleep time, can't resist tracking stuff long after I should

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GFS shows a highly progressive pattern with several troughs and shortwaves only a few days apart for the rest of March, but I'd assume moisture return is going to be the limiting factor. Long range shows some interesting systems but nothing is really set in stone until it gets much closer.

Ok now it's sleep time, can't resist tracking stuff long after I should
Agree. . Pattern hold lots of potential for sure... going be a active spring

Back