• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

This severe weather season will be?

• Much Above Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Average

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It was pretty crazy for a while in Brushy Pond, but I never saw an actual tornado. The lightning nearly scared me to death though. I was not expecting to be seeing anything like that today!

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Borderline violent damage in Minnesota. Vehicles rolled and tossed fair distances, trees debarked, ground clearly scoured, and buildings gone. Assuming not a well built frame house, but dunno.

More videos and chaser stream screenshots coming out (I missed this one in real time, didn't expect a tornado this magnitude today) - very violent drill bit, some chasers got ridiculously close to this as it scoured the ground. Expect multiple world-class historic tornado videos to come out in the next couple days... probably the tornado of the year so far when it comes to visuals at least. Tree and vehicle damage seem to indicate at least EF3

WDAY says mayor of Ashby confirms a fatality with this tornado

Mike Marz got UNBELIEVABLY close multiple times. I'm not sure anyone has gotten video that close to a ground-scouring tornado before. Language warning but several clips already posted

Last edited:
Reaction score
Borderline violent damage in Minnesota. Vehicles rolled and tossed fair distances, trees debarked, ground clearly scoured, and buildings gone. Assuming not a well built frame house, but dunno.

More videos and chaser stream screenshots coming out (I missed this one in real time, didn't expect a tornado this magnitude today) - very violent drill bit, some chasers got ridiculously close to this as it scoured the ground. Expect multiple world-class historic tornado videos to come out in the next couple days... probably the tornado of the year so far when it comes to visuals at least. Tree and vehicle damage seem to indicate at least EF3

Mike Marz got UNBELIEVABLY close multiple times. I'm not sure anyone has gotten video that close to a ground-scouring tornado before. Language warning but several clips already posted

It will never get the rating it deserves. Clearly capable of EF5 damage.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
No doubt way on up there, some of the most violent motion I've ever seen, though I doubt there would be very many DIs capable of officially registering EF5 or even high EF4 in rural fields of western Minnesota to begin with... especially such an incredibly narrow one.

That said, it did hit a few things (and caused at least one fatality) so I guess I'm interested in seeing what surveys find

Reaction score

The Kelwood, MB tornado on June 24, 1992 left maybe a foot wide of intense ground scouring.

Reaction score

I wonder what this tornado would have done had it have hit a populated area.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Preliminary EF3 on that. There is at least one house completely swept away as per aerials so if there is to be an upgrade, it would probably be there

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The vegetation damage certainly adds contextual support for a violent rating.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Survey notes additional analysis will be done as there is "potentially greater than EF3" damage near Dalton. Low EF4 is a real possibility and context would seem to support that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back