• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Threat 25 March 2021

aujerm

Reaction score
So looking at the radar over MS and north AL I see quite a bit of convection firing. I would think this would help negate intensity of the afternoon “main event” storms?

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Last run of CIPS before go time and the top analog is definitely not what you wanna see.

Long day/night ahead.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So looking at the radar over MS and north AL I see quite a bit of convection firing. I would think this would help negate intensity of the afternoon “main event” storms?
At the moment, the current thought process is no. Rapid low-level moisture advection will offset this as large-scale ascent works on the mid-levels of the atmosphere. This should maintain severe weather threats will into northern Alabama. However, things can change.

bamabelle

Reaction score
Will the rain back in MS help us this morning? It looks like we will be covered up for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Will the rain back in MS help us this morning? It looks like we will he covered up for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably not. It's already clearing and destabilizing in western Mississippi back behind that convection (take a look at the visible satellite screenshot upthread and you'll see what I mean).

1616679907200.png

Back