• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Threat 25 March 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I honestly expect a 45% at 1630z unless something changes and an expansion of the high, things certainly look pretty dire. Meanwhile the yard is flooded and I assume the basement is too, very vigorous storms already this morning.

sak

Reaction score
is there any chance this action getting started in Mississippi right now is the main event? i tend to think no, but last week this happened and the storms behind the initial batch never got going.

granted it is only 9am, not 2pm like last week.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
is there any chance this action getting started in Mississippi right now is the main event? i tend to think no, but last week this happened and the storms behind the initial batch never got going.

No, we're still a couple of hours away from the main event storms firing.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score

I think what will happen is that long band of showers/confluence zone will start to lift north and weaken...opening the warm sector for the afternoon.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like that MD is for the current elevated convection along the warm front rather than the main event.