• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

pritchlaw

Reaction score
The storm that blew through Hayden, Alabama on Saturday afternoon was the worst wind storm we've seen here since the 2011 tornado. It moved a trampoline about 15 feet and sat it down, threw all my deck furniture up against the railing on one side, and knocked trees down. Lots of power outage too. And I think we were in the "marginal" category. The whole category system ought to be scrapped, its confusing, inaccurate, misleading and the general public no longer trusts it at all. Its actually mocked by most people I talk to about it.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
SPC Probability day 4. Weekend looking wet.

Attachments

• day4prob24May2017.gif
    day4prob24May2017.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 0

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
The storm that blew through Hayden, Alabama on Saturday afternoon was the worst wind storm we've seen here since the 2011 tornado. It moved a trampoline about 15 feet and sat it down, threw all my deck furniture up against the railing on one side, and knocked trees down. Lots of power outage too. And I think we were in the "marginal" category. The whole category system ought to be scrapped, its confusing, inaccurate, misleading and the general public no longer trusts it at all. Its actually mocked by most people I talk to about it.
Even if Hayden (I live in Morris) had been in a slight risk, the storm still did not get a severe thunderstorm warning, which is more important than the convective outlook.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
What a massive number of tornado watches today. Lots of warnings scattered throughout but still, I can't think of many times I've seen so many watches out for anything less than a moderate or high. Many tiny rotating storms out there... but few reports thus far. Day's still young

k0skinne

Reaction score
Very nice in Carrollton, GA this morning ... low of 51. I have a feeling that this may be the last we see this until October!

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This has been the wettest May on record in Montgomery. As of yesterday, MGM had recorded 12.30" of rain for the month, with a little more rainfall coming today. 8.28" of that fell between May 20 and May 21. The previous record for the wettest May was 12.01" in 1978.

stormcentral

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This has been the wettest May on record in Montgomery. As of yesterday, MGM had recorded 12.30" of rain for the month, with a little more rainfall coming today. 8.28" of that fell between May 20 and May 21. The previous record for the wettest May was 12.01" in 1978.
I think as the wet pattern continues flooding will become a problem for many

Sent from my LGLS775 using TalkWeather mobile app

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
We're not allowed to complain about wet weather for at least ten years after that drought last fall.
Oh, I am doing it. A little rain, no problem, a summer full of rain will be a problem. I just want it to be drier this time of the year, it can rain all it wants in the fall and spring.

I just want to enjoy my couple of months of heat and mostly dry conditions, is that too much to ask?!?

Logo 468x120
Back