• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX May 4th-May 6th, 2022 Threat

buckeye05

Reaction score
Brett Adair mentioned on Twitter that damage was mostly minor. E F1/2 type. Good news if it verifies.
Just mentioned this earlier. Photos I've seen so far support this. But I have to ask, how? That thing was clearly a monster tornado. Did the town get side-swiped rather than a direct hit maybe?

OHWX97

Reaction score
Just mentioned this earlier. Photos I've seen so far support this. But I have to ask, how? That thing was clearly a monster tornado. Did the town get side-swiped rather than a direct hit maybe?
Seems as though the core of the tornado may have stayed east of Lockett. Most of the damage is reportedly confined to the NE side of town. Daylight will of course reveal the true extent.

Last edited:

pohnpei

Reaction score
Tornado seems quickly weakened as It entering the town. TDS disappeared before It entiring into town. Visual appearance showed wedge type south of the town but but only tiny broken appearance inside the town.
-6e9be27d5c9a28e0.jpg

Tennie

Reaction score
So all those greenhouses getting torn up by the Maud tornado we saw live was a cannabis farm getting hit. I gotta say, that's the first time I've seen that happen.

Turns out that even tornadoes can get the munchies sometimes.:p

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Texarkana region down to the Shreveport region looks like an interesting play today.

Last edited:

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
STP over Georgia at 18Z tomorrow on NAM 3km vs HRRR. *scratches head*

Yeah, don't be surprised of some overachievers today and tomorrow.

Last edited:

Clancy

Reaction score
The NAM is much more aggressive on both instability and SRH. It's also portraying Southerly flow in the low levels which is enlarging hodos, where the HRRR keeps SFC winds SE.
Wonder which one will be right. It seems like NAM overdoes things quite often but maybe it'll be closer to right this time, I dunno.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Keep a close watch on North Carolina tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
the lockett tornado was not nearly as impactful as everyone thought it was. just like chester, and naperville. though the damage in rural areas could be something to note...

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Storms are starting to fire on the dryline here in Texas and here I am stuck in the hospital with my foot bandaged up and I can't run ha ha ha ha. I am an interior room in case the impossible happens Good news is the doctor said she took care of everything with my infection and if I'll be really careful I can be up and around again in three to four weeks but more importantly I can be back home in a couple of days in my armchair to chase the storms around with you guys. I'm really surprised that we are in the tornado risk because that is like I said before Tornado risk is rare in this part of Central Texas so this system must have some punch to it. I would be really careful if you were north or east of Central Texas.

BTW May 4th was the 100th anniversary of the Austin Twin tornadoes, one of the few strong tornadoes have struck this area outside of Jerrell of course which was quite a bit north of downtown.

May 22 Anniversary Tornadoes

Clancy

Reaction score
Storms are starting to fire on the dryline here in Texas and here I am stuck in the hospital with my foot bandaged up and I can't run ha ha ha ha. I am an interior room in case the impossible happens Good news is the doctor said she took care of everything with my infection and if I'll be really careful I can be up and around again through four weeks but more importantly I can be back home in my armchair to chase the storms around with you guys. I'm really surprised that we are in the tornado risk because that is like I said before Tornado risk is rare in this part of Central Texas so this system must have some punch to it. I would be really careful if you were north or east of Central Texas.

BTW May 4th was the 100th anniversary of the Austin Twin tornadoes, one of the few strong tornadoes have struck this area outside of Jerrell of course which was quite a bit north of downtown.

Oh dear. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

locomusic01

Reaction score
Storms are starting to fire on the dryline here in Texas and here I am stuck in the hospital with my foot bandaged up and I can't run ha ha ha ha. I am an interior room in case the impossible happens Good news is the doctor said she took care of everything with my infection and if I'll be really careful I can be up and around again in three to four weeks but more importantly I can be back home in a couple of days in my armchair to chase the storms around with you guys. I'm really surprised that we are in the tornado risk because that is like I said before Tornado risk is rare in this part of Central Texas so this system must have some punch to it. I would be really careful if you were north or east of Central Texas.

Nothing worse than being stuck in the hospital - hope you heal up soon Austin!

Back