• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX May 4th-May 6th, 2022 Threat

Tennie

Reaction score
that thing could miss vernon to the northwest but with the weird motions we have had tonight, as well the random n-nw turn of this cell, i would not rule out it moving towards vernon again at some point

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing cycles near or over Vernon!:eek:

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like nothing is down at this time now.

locomusic01

Reaction score
Yeah that was not a small tornado.

B7t3TAr.jpg

buckeye05

Reaction score
Reckless chasing is an epidemic. The amount of "Hit by tornado!!!" chase videos on YouTube show that callous lack of respect and caution that WILL result in another El Reno eventually, if that didn't happen tonight already. The fact that a tour van apparently got hit just sickens me. Those people put their trust in those chasers to keep them safe, and they failed to do that. I dealt with this during my 2020 chase trip. We'd lose daylight and cell coverage, yet my partner just couldn't care less, and put getting a good video or adrenaline rush over safety. This is upsetting, but hardly shocking.

Anway, rant over. I just really hate seeing this happen when its avoidable.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
The damage in Lockett sounds bad, from multiple sources.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That was a 135mph GTG when it went over those structures east of that bend and then went to 165mph GTG as it went towards the Texas A&M seed and agricultural area.

OHWX97

Reaction score
Reckless chasing is an epidemic. The amount of "Hit by tornado!!!" chase videos on YouTube show that callous lack of respect and caution that WILL result in another El Reno eventually, if that didn't happen tonight already. The fact that a tour van apparently got hit just sickens me. Those people put their trust in those chasers to keep them safe, and they failed to do that. I dealt with this during my 2020 chase trip. We'd lose daylight and cell coverage, yet my partner just couldn't care less, and put getting a good video or adrenaline rush over safety. This is upsetting, but hardly shocking.

Anway, rant over. I just really hate seeing this happen when its avoidable.
The current state of chasing depresses me. When I was younger, I've always dreamed of chasing when I got to my current age, but now, the sheer number of chasers, let alone reckless chasers, is scary and intimidating. It honestly amazes me how we haven't had more chaser fatalities since May 31, 2013. How things are now, it's just a matter of time.

I think I must clarify, I meant storm related fatalities.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That was a 135mph GTG when it went over those structures east of that bend and then went to 165mph GTG as it went towards the Texas A&M seed and agricultural area.

Beam height was 1800-1900 feet.

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
The current state of chasing depresses me. When I was younger, I've always dreamed of chasing when I got to my current age, but now, the sheer number of chasers, let alone reckless chasers, is scary and intimidating. It honestly amazes me how we haven't had more chaser fatalities since May 31, 2013. How things are now, it's just a matter of time.
It WILL happen again. Caution has been thrown to the wind, no pun intended.