• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX March 23-25th, 2023

UK_EF4

Reaction score
Really curious (and anxious) to see that damage along MS-14 east of Anguilla. That's probably the EF4 area NE of Rolling Fork - haven't seen anything from there.
There was one photo I saw of a partially swept away home and some ground scouring to the NE of Rolling Fork - though I can't be sure if it is the same as the EF4 DI in the photo. I think I sent it on here.

Reaction score
Documenting some of the most impressive damage Mississippi has ever seen. Since 2014 I’d say. Yeah bass field was nuts but that was rural for most of its life.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah that's some fairly high end vehicle damage, worse than it seemed a couple days ago; combined with the level of tree damage I'd say contextuals might support 180-185ish

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Good analog for this thing is the Louisville MS tornado from 4/28/2014. It had a similar radar VROT/TDS combination and the damage is comparable, especially to trees.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score

High resolution aerial imagery of the aftermath near Rolling Fork. This thing was, if it isn't already evident, a monster.

Penitentes

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Jordan Hall's footage is the most impressive contextual damage I've seen from this tornado thus far—more consistent debarking and every vehicle in that field is pretty mashed up. The school bus and that line of trees towards the end particularly so.

Reaction score
1679955844245.jpeg
I found this by just searching on the dat. The feature where you can add imagery. I have no idea who made this.

By that. I mean there was no name I could tell, was a name. I just searched rolling fork and this was one of the options

jiharris0220

Reaction score
Reviewing all the of the evidence thus far, in my opinion.
The Rolling Fork tornado had 170-175mph winds in terms of “traditional” damage.
With winds ranging between 185-190mph in terms of “conceptual” damage.
Partially to mostly debarked vegetation and middle echelon vehicle damage which is the worst I’ve seen since mayfield.
Overall quite a solid and unfortunately deadly tornado that will definitely be yet another hallmark example of what a violent twister is capable of.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
So uh, Alex Sizemore from NWS Birmingham was out surveying the Rolling Fork tornado. He confirms via eyewitness account that the lights orbiting the tornado shown in the videos from Adam Lucio, Max Olson, and co. are indeed vehicles.

20230327_193019.jpg

Reaction score
So uh, Alex Sizemore from NWS Birmingham was out surveying the Rolling Fork tornado. He confirms via eyewitness account that the lights orbiting the tornado shown in the videos from Adam Lucio, Max Olson, and co. are indeed vehicles.

20230327_193019.jpg
As I suspected

TornadoFan

Reaction score

20230327_193019.jpg
That's just.....absolutely horrifying.

Back