• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 23-25th, 2023

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

SmokeEater

Reaction score
If you guys wanna see the luckiest man in Rolling Fork that night, watch this video. Scary part is it's far from the first time he's lost situational awareness like he did. On top of it, he could have been one of the few chasers to have a NE view of the tornado. He really should rethink the whole storm chasing thing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

ColdFront

Reaction score
If you guys wanna see the luckiest man in Rolling Fork that night, watch this video. Scary part is it's far from the first time he's lost situational awareness like he did. On top of it, he could have been one of the few chasers to have a NE view of the tornado. He really should rethink the whole storm chasing thing.

Woof. Man, I got chills when you could hear the roar off in the distance as he got closer to it.

I think what’s even scary is that most regular people (not us storm enthusiasts who follow this stuff closely) during night time tornados are driving around without a second thought, not realizing what is bearing down nearby.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

Did Chris post the rest of the video somewhere.

vanni9283

Reaction score

I wouldn't want to be on the northeast part of the tornado. Because that's the part of the tornado that is generally moving directly toward you!!!

buckeye05

Reaction score

This is why there's gonna be another El Reno. Today's chasing style is "get close, get video, don't worry too much about safety". Mark my words, more chasers are going to die...

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From the looks of it…they found ef4 damage some good distance to the northeast of rolling fork
Really curious (and anxious) to see that damage along MS-14 east of Anguilla. That's probably the EF4 area NE of Rolling Fork - haven't seen anything from there.