• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 23-25th, 2023

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score

Gail

Reaction score
if this thing is finalized as an ef3 something’s gotta be majorly wrong. Unless of course not a singular structure in rolling fork was built, or anchored properly…
In the before video I posted, at least a couple of buildings looked large and well constructed. Of course I don’t know for sure, but they weren’t small shacks by any means.

MoonBaby

Knew It Would Happen
Reaction score
Luckily, she was awake. I was re-watching that video from last night coverage by Matt and I am stunned that the tornado missed her house. It was so close.
Luckily, she was awake. I was re-watching that video from last night coverage by Matt and I am stunned that the tornado missed her house. It was so close.

MoonBaby

Knew It Would Happen
Reaction score
I’m so glad she’s ok. That was a close call.
I’m late to the party due to terrible cell service and wifi in my black hole of reception where I live. I relied on James Spann all night without my typical radar staring. Last night was tragic. Correct me if I’m wrong, but is there not a way to fund getting weather radios to low income families who still think sirens will save them? I keep reading stories of people still relying on sirens and that’s just got to stop. (Sorry I veered off topic a little).

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
52524564792_c7a9353fa2_b.jpg

Megasus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Do people really not see that is a single damage point for a power pole well northeast of Rolling Rock and not a finalized rating...? I swear wxtwitter is the worst at times
Nothing about that tweet indicated that it was the final rating, either. Unnecessary outrage and poor reading comprehension are frequent bedfellows.

locomusic01

Reaction score
Sheesh, I went to bed early last night because I've been sick, but I had a feeling I'd end up missing something. What an awful development. Years ago I made a map combining a handful of different variables (population, percentage of people living in mobile/manufactured homes, historical tornado data, etc.) as sort of a rough approximation of actual tornado risk and IIRC this area was one of the main hotspots.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sadly Morgan co. sheriff office has reported the injury from last night's entrapment has died, likely to be tornado related so the death toll has reached AL

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
Terrible situation. The southeast is definitely the new ground zero for tornadoes, and especially MS and AL. We're not even at the peak of severe season, but seems the past few years severe season has been year round