• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX March 23-25th, 2023

Brice

Reaction score
I wonder How long track the rolling fork tornado was…
The supercell lasted for at least 80 miles with ease, may have been a couple tornadoes, velocity before it got to Winona wasn’t as strong as it was in rolling fork. After it looked to recycle for a bit, it dropped another tornado and it impacted Winona. So overall the tornado lasted 75-85 miles. I think.

Reaction score
If the rolling fork tornado is rated ef4…that’s five years in a row that a tornado is rated ef4 in march. Staggering statistic
That's what I think happens.

Less likely, however, is a scenario where the consensus is "EF5". That ends the March EF4 streak, but becomes the first March EF5 since I think 1990.

Gail

Reaction score
D2 ENH now added for 30%+hatched hail risk. SLGT also expanded north/eastward.
View attachment 19101
My son goes to school in Union County (hatched area) so I get to worry about him tomorrow now.

Oh wait - hail! I’m not worried about his car - just him. I would hope I raised him with enough sense to stay out of hail storms. . Tornadoes on the other hand - “I’m okay, my dorm is a big concrete block.”

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Apologies if someone's already posted this. I don't think I saw it here yet. Drone footage from Amory.

The thumbnail image shows my aunt's house. It's the far on the right. The roof wasn't damaged, but my brother said the attic was completely blown open at both ends and there was enough damage in the house to probably total it. Not to mention the shed in the back collapsed on top of her car

Gail

Reaction score
The thumbnail image shows my aunt's house. It's the far on the right. The roof wasn't damaged, but my brother said the attic was completely blown open at both ends and there was enough damage in the house to probably total it. Not to mention the shed in the back collapsed on top of her car
How’s your mom? I hope her area didn’t sustain damage.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
How’s your mom? I hope her area didn’t sustain damage.
The damage was just east of her, but with all the damage from their back to Amory, the electricity was out and I don't know when she's gonna get it back. Thanks for the pictures from the Amory football field buildings and the National Guard Armory. I spent a lot of time around the area as well. I lived and worked in Amory for a while.

Gail

Reaction score
The damage was just east of her, but with all the damage from their back to Amory, the electricity was out and I don't know when she's gonna get it back. Thanks for the pictures from the Amory football field buildings and the National Guard Armory. I spent a lot of time around the area as well. I lived and worked in Amory for a while.
I’m glad she’s okay! I was worried when you said she was sleeping and didn’t have her hearing aids in. Are they serviced by Monroe County Electric there also? I know we are here in Caledonia so I imagine they would cover there too. They have their work cut out for them. :(. I saw they posted that Pontotoc EPA arrived to help. I hope Columbus and 4-County comes to help too.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I’m glad she’s okay! I was worried when you said she was sleeping and didn’t have her hearing aids in. Are they serviced by Monroe County Electric there also? I know we are here in Caledonia so I imagine they would cover there too. They have their work cut out for them. :(. I saw they posted that Pontotoc EPA arrived to help. I hope Columbus and 4-County comes to help too.
Luckily, she was awake. I was re-watching that video from last night coverage by Matt and I am stunned that the tornado missed her house. It was so close.