• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

January 2018 Discussion

TuckerTerry

Reaction score
Glenn Burns is hinting at the possibility of snow here in the ATL on or about Groundhog Day.

Y'all seeing anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kory

Reaction score
Rather significant drought conditions taking over again. Rain this weekend doesn't look like a drought buster...we may have to wait until the end of next week.

20180123_usdm.png

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Rather significant drought conditions taking over again. Rain this weekend doesn't look like a drought buster...we may have to wait until the end of next week.
A lot of those drier areas had fire issues like 1 or 2 years ago (I can't remember exactly) when drought conditions started early in the year. Hoping that doesn't happen again.

Kory

Reaction score
LOL at the epic ice storm on the GFS. Texas to New England. As we get more subtropical ridge influence, I suspect we'll have an ice threat or two.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just wanted to take a moment to welcome our newest TalkWeather member @KG4GKE better known as WREG Meteorologist Austen Onek. When he isn’t on the air in Memphis, he works part time as a Science Advisor at one of the best and most unique science centers around, The Pink Palace. Glad to have him join us at TW and look forward to his insight.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Brad Travis got jokes

3D6FFAB8-47E8-4839-9701-E63D26C7F47D.jpeg

Back