• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Isaias

I took a break for lunch. I come back and yuck! The Hurricane Hunter Recon are finding 130-140 knot winds at flight level, but so far, I'm not sure they've been able to find surface winds corresponding to it. But if they can, an upgrade to Category 4 might happen. Not sure.
 
wx_guy is back, that's nice!

There is a nasty waterspout off shore right now.

I know yesterday, I said that I didn't think that tonight would be the main tor threat but with admittedly stronger LL response as a result of surprise over performing intensity, there are problems with the outer bands svr wx wise.
 
wx_guy is back, that's nice!

There is a nasty waterspout off shore right now.

I know yesterday, I said that I didn't think that tonight would be the main tor threat but with admittedly stronger LL response as a result of surprise over performing intensity, there are problems with the outer bands svr wx wise.
Spicy storms incoming, big bend area.
1791574128783.png
 
220
URNT12 KNHC 091917
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE AL092026
A. 09/18:42:40Z
B. 28.70 deg N 087.11 deg W
C. 700 mb 2744 m
D. EXTRAP 958 mb
E. NA
F. OPEN E
G. C26
H. NA
I. NA
J. 166 deg 128 kt
K. 068 deg 16 nm 18:37:00Z
L. NA
M. NA
N. 261 deg 115 kt
O. 194 deg 11 nm 18:46:00Z
P. 12 C / 3054 m
Q. 22 C / 3048 m
R. 8 C / NA
S. 1234 / 7
T. 0.02 / 1 nm
U. AF301 1409A ISAIAS OB 12
MAX FL WIND 136 KT 075 / 23 NM 17:33:30Z
SLP EXTRAP FROM 700 MB
WHITE EGRET APPROX 9,400 FEET PASSED BENEATH ACFT HEADING EASTBOUND INSIDE EYE.
;



This Vortex Data Message is more support of a possible Cat 4
 
the precip is really collapsing on the west side of the storm.

i suspect mobile county gets less than 1" of rain from 3pm to the end of the event.

also, with the storm east of where it was projected a day or two ago, this dramatically reduces the coastal flooding threat along the alabama gulf coast.

navarre over to destin looks to take the brunt of it.
 
the precip is really collapsing on the west side of the storm.

i suspect mobile county gets less than 1" of rain from 3pm to the end of the event.

also, with the storm east of where it was projected a day or two ago, this dramatically reduces the coastal flooding threat along the alabama gulf coast.

navarre over to destin looks to take the brunt of it.
I'd leave open the possibility that was just a pulse. No shortage of moisture blowing up to the west again.
 
As I said last night - I wish it didn't look this good. Better to be weakening as it arrives than strengthening though. Fingers crossed.
1791577405250.png
 
Back
Top