• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Isaias

Isaias is now a Category 2 with the latest advisory.
Sure looks like one. I think tonight may be interesting - the best fuel is yet to come, shear is relaxing, and the dry air in the western gulf at mid levels will be mixing out.

1791493431482.png
 
I mean... the ingredients are there. I hope it's a brief peak to that, if it does. Not good though.
Just like 2026 to tease us going hurricaneless, only to slap us with a major hurricane out of nowhere
 
I mean... the ingredients are there. I hope it's a brief peak to that, if it does. Not good though.
I guess what I'm not understanding is Google's "Forecast" is showing CAT 3 now, even though it is CAT 2, and keeping it at CAT3 for 24 hours.
 
Last edited:
this thing on track or is it trending over performing? I have been out of pocket all day driving home from Gulf Shores. Constant stop and go traffic all the way up to Northern Bama. Took nearly 9.5 hrs. Was a great experience....
Looks basically on forecast. Watching tonight for any unexpected strengthening over the high TCHP/deep 26C isotherm pool/Gulf loop eddy. Isaias is a healthy Cat 2 currently.

1791512278722.png
 
Last edited:
Still fighting hard against mid level dry air entrainment.
1791511238776.png

Since more folks are going to be taking a look at this thread, I'll start linking the CoD page - they've got the fastest GOES viewer on the floater that I've found.
 
Back
Top