• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Hurricane Ian

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
MIMIC of the passage over Cuba and catches the EWRC at the end.

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score

gangstonc

Reaction score
Looks like the EWRC is complete. It has plenty of time to strengthen. I can see the larger eye causing big problems with surge too.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The tornado threat looks pretty serious with this system. I’d say more so than a slight risk.

Jacob

Reaction score
Eye is still a little ragged on satellite, but convection is getting deeper and in the last hour the new eyewall has really started to come together on radar. I don't have a good feeling about what he's going to do the next 6-18 hours.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well at least people are paying attention and evacuating. A friend was on vacation in FL and started back to SC yesterday. Last night early he texted me that northbound traffic was clogged and slow. Local forecasting here thinks that after crossing FL Ian is going to hit the Charleston-Savannah area then come across the upstate, so I'm planning on lots of rain starting Friday.

Phil

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I was afraid I was going to wake up to this. This is going to be a really hard hit.

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
1664367265693.png

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Recon has found 933mb. Hoping that's bad data, but expecting it isn't. This is going to be historically bad.

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
The center is going into flat wetlands. The brown-water effect is going to make a difference further down the road, too. :(
I have that same fear. The predictions of how quickly this is going to weaken may be radically off - there's a lot of moisture for the storm already streaming in from the Atlantic side, and like you said - this is wetlands. With a core this organized and this big, it will insulate itself a lot.

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score