• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Hurricane Laura (1 Viewer)

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Yes I know that is jumbled but my phone would not let me correct it

Reactions: KoD

warneagle

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
We're up to 57 deaths from Laura. 31 in Haiti, 4 in the Dominican Republic, and 22 in the US (14 in Louisiana, 7 in Texas, 1 in Florida).

Evan

The Lake Charles area along with Cameron Parish are both still in really bad shape. Going to be a long recovery. Virtually non-existent coverage of the situation even as the wildfires on the West Coast dominate headlines.

Same situation as what occurred with the 4/27/11 tornadoes in AL/MS/GA, etc.

bjdeming

2020 Supporter
The Lake Charles area along with Cameron Parish are both still in really bad shape. Going to be a long recovery. Virtually non-existent coverage of the situation even as the wildfires on the West Coast dominate headlines.

Same situation as what occurred with the 4/27/11 tornadoes in AL/MS/GA, etc.
Sad, but true. https://www.nola.com/news/hurricane/article_c1c4157c-ef9d-11ea-95bf-e78474c2d417.html

Media coverage by its nature is driven by momentary events, but it's perfectly possible to do in-depth coverage after that moment if those who direct it can realize there is still a story here. And that there is an audience of caring people who want to know about.

All those deaths from generators also has really bothered me. There is still a gap in public safety knowledge to be taken care of, even after driving home the message on generator safety year after year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)