• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX December 16-17 2019 Severe Weather Outbreak

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
PDS tornado warning continues with that storm, destructive tornado still down

Reaction score
Caught the one in Laurel. Power flashes is how I saw it. I’ll have see if I got a better one than this later I’m still driving.

Attachments

• B89B27A4-6A5E-4F74-9FFD-8F0950BA5F45.png
    B89B27A4-6A5E-4F74-9FFD-8F0950BA5F45.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0

cheestaysfly

Reaction score
Well, that was interesting. Area of rotation passed just north of me in Harvest. Plenty of power flashes with it too. Starting to hear damage reports from the area. We're ok and still have power, but that's different half a mile away.
My dad is out in Harvest off Jeff Road. Hope all is well out that way now.

Timbo64

Reaction score
The Decatur Daily is reporting there were two storm related deaths in Lawrence County, (Al) along Lawrence County 265.
Sad news.

bwalk

Reaction score
The Alabama Choctaw co storm is a PDS storm. Is anyone surprised by that designation? Fortunately that is more rural area verses heavily populated.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That's the storm of the day... the only storm that really isolated itself from all others.

Reaction score
It's in a major radar hole equidistant from KMOB, KGWX, KDGX and KBMX. None of them can get a really good handle on it in the low levels.

Evan

Reaction score
I think discrete or quasi-discrete supercells will definitely be limited to a good bit south of 20/59. However, the shear and other parameters definitely support an embedded QLCS tornado threat for points further north including the Bham metro.

Back