• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

April Discussion

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Noticed we don't have a general discussion for this month as so far it's all been in the severe threads.

WWA out for the TN border counties tonight for a good April snow. North GA mountains might actually see some flurries. With any luck I'll squeek out an inch or two here at the house.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Models show very little if any severe weather in the Southeast over the next 2 weeks. But, there's potential for an uptick in activity later in the period.

Kory

Reaction score
Models show very little if any severe weather in the Southeast over the next 2 weeks. But, there's potential for an uptick in activity later in the period.
Things look quiet for at least the next week if not a little longer but that doesn't necessarily mean we cannot get a sneak system. Base state argues active pattern will continue....

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Added another for good luck
Hi, I'm OP and I approve of this statement.

Also, it's finally all snow here in Boone. Nothing heavy but a good start. NW flow should really kick up soon. Winds gusting to 55 the last few hours.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Lot of systems on the last few runs of the GFS but for some reason they all want to go along the US/Canadian border. Last round of activity was too far south for the Midwest to get in on the action, next one may be too far north. We'll see how that pans out.

Reaction score
What a absolute beautiful day here in the 30132!!! Im a winter weather fan but this is beyond perfect outside today!
Side note; I'm a hunter also and the turkey here around my house are going crazy! I sure love the sounds of spring!

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tornado warning in east Texas. Doesn't look all that spectacular but it's kinda far from the radar I guess.

Kory

Reaction score
Gonna make a run at some record highs today. Mid to upper 80s. This very warm pattern looks to continue for the next week if not longer....

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Should be pretty hot down by the beach next week. Going to Destin/Pensacola

TornadoFan

Reaction score
Confirmed large tornado near Dimmitt, TX. Very impressive radar signature.
C9abfUNV0AQ7A5f.jpg:large

MichelleH

Reaction score
I really thought we would have an overly active spring severe weather season....not so far.

Logo 468x120
Back