• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Agreed we haven't had a president who wasn't Anti Second Amendment for over 80 years. They forget about the part of the Amendment that says "Shall not be infringed."
Then you shouldn’t use pro-second amendment as a reason to vote for Trump. On the plus side, at least you’re finally admitting that Biden is going to be President. I don’t look forward to America under Democrat rule. I blame Trump supporters for this - that’s not an opinion, hatred for Trump is THE reason we’re now in this situation. Stick your head in the sand if you want, but those of you that put Trump in office also put Biden and Harris in office.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Then you shouldn’t use pro-second amendment as a reason to vote for Trump. On the plus side, at least you’re finally admitting that Biden is going to be President. I don’t look forward to America under Democrat rule. I blame Trump supporters for this - that’s not an opinion, hatred for Trump is THE reason we’re now in this situation. Stick your head in the sand if you want, but those of you that put Trump in office also put Biden and Harris in office.
The second Amendment is never the only reason I vote for anyone. It is a myriad of reasons why I vote for an individual. But Trump was much more favorable to the Second Amendment than Biden will be. Biden made it very clear that he will go after weapons. And you can blame whomever you want. I blame those who voted for Biden than I do those who voted for Trump. After all, they voted for Biden Not Trump.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
The second Amendment is never the only reason I vote for anyone. It is a myriad of reasons why I vote for an individual. But Trump was much more favorable to the Second Amendment than Biden will be. Biden made it very clear that he will go after weapons. And you can blame whomever you want. I blame those who voted for Biden than I do those who voted for Trump. After all, they voted for Biden Not Trump.
Question: Why do you think there was a record turnout to vote for Biden?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Question: Why do you think there was a record turnout to vote for Biden?
Because of multiple factors. Police violence portrayed in proportionate to other races by the media. COVID and the way the liberal media covered it and then social media banned opposition voices saying that those professionals were wrong because they disagreed with the MSM and dr Fauci. Stimulus checks and the fact that liberal media was saying trump wouldn’t sign it but failed to mention that he was asking for more for the American people and less for over seas but the MSM again reported the opposite of what was true.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Because of multiple factors. Police violence portrayed in proportionate to other races by the media. COVID and the way the liberal media covered it and then social media banned opposition voices saying that those professionals were wrong because they disagreed with the MSM and dr Fauci. Stimulus checks and the fact that liberal media was saying trump wouldn’t sign it but failed to mention that he was asking for more for the American people and less for over seas but the MSM again reported the opposite of what was true.
So you blame everything on “fake news”. Let’s assume that’s true - wouldn’t you then argue that the media targeted Trump due to their disdain for him and his constant accusations of “fake news”? They never went after other Republican candidates so fiercely. So, if your assertion is true, then Biden still won due to hatred for Trump - you’re only arguing that the hatred was caused by the media. And that media-fueled hatred would be a direct result of how Trump behaved relative to them.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I've been under the impression that outrage against police violence was a social movement that gained substantial attention on social media and was picked up by news media because they saw how much traction it was getting online. They wanted a piece of that pie. The evidence available was enough to spark nationwide protests and that wasn't because of news medias nauseating 24/7 sensationalism cycle. It was actual police violence and the need to hold those in power to a higher standard.

On Covid-19, it's easy enough to see how left leaning or biased news medias can use it to spearhead anti-trump sentiment - but that's not because it's just a big propaganda scheme. It's a major pandemic and Trump has been on the wrong side of mitigation repeatedly. Not wearing a mask, not supporting masks for a long time, holding giant rallies, downplaying it for half a year at least. I'm certain there's much more to detail on a federal level but the president himself is guilty of a very bad covid response.

I've had no issues seeing my republican friends view points on social media and that's with algorithms that certainly know I am not a republican. I don't respond to them or like their posts or do anything that would tell the AI I want to see more, but it's there. I also learned from liberal media that Trump wanted the $2000 stimulus cheque and don't recall reading that with any strings attached. That's a moot point to me though, he can't buy my vote with stimulus. I thought he was an unfaithful corrupt person in general before he was elected and his mouth and presidency has solidified that sentiment in granite.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I do think he has some learning to do. He needs to just stop making comments or interviews until he gets a complete understanding. Time for him to do some actual research instead of steeling plays and players from other teams.
I just think a basic understanding of Civics and US Government isn't too much to ask of a sitting Senator. The learning he struggles with is taught by 8th grade. He deserves no slack.

Evan

Reaction score
I have remained Silent here during this time for a reason. First off, Let me say I think many of you who are posting here are only doing so because you believe a narrative of your side and forget to see the entire picture.

First off let me say that as a supporter of DJT that I disagree with the invasion of the Capitol Building. I do believe that the perpetrators where let in, but I do not know who let them in. It could be democrats, it could be republicans. I just do not know. The media will not cover it correctly and be objective on either side to show the entire truth about what happened. Anyone who perpetrated or allowed those to enter the Capitol, or had a part in it should be removed from Congress and any of the Capitol Police Officers that did so should also be fired.

To those who say that it is OK to punish or abolish Parler because of the riots that happened in the Capitol and blame it on Parler, or that say that it is OK to censor Trump or any conservative voice on Social Media because you disagree with their opinion, be careful what you wish for. To those who say big tech has a responsibility to blot out request for violence, I am OK with that but it has to be done with disregard to who is spreading the request for violence. To blot out an entire company because of the actions of a few is paramount to a monopoly.

Here is the one Democrat that I can agree with on this issue. Her statement while on Fox News (Because CNN, NBC, CBS, and ABC along with any other liberal media wouldn't let her come on their shows and say it) is right on, paramount to what the Constitution of the United States is about.

Is Talkweather going to shut me down just because I have a differing of Opinion than the majority who speak on this political part of the forum? Would it be wise to shut people up because they do not agree with the "Popular Opinion" of the day.

What is next? Are you going to vote for Religion to be shut down too because baked into religion especially Christianity is the discussion of things that we shouldn't be doing and yet they go against what is quickly being the social norms?

Why don't you all censor those who come out and say hateful things or request violence on those people on the conservative side of the isle?

So lets think about this. Do we want our Constitution to remain whole, or are those on the left ready to remove the First, Second, and Fourth Amendments of the constitution to suit their own wants? Again I say be careful what you wish for. Because while right now the democrats are in control. And while it may seem impossible for the Conservative to regain Congress or the Presidency, it more than likely will happen again and then what. Do you want that president to silence your speech or your thoughts? How about if a Conservative company shut down your voice purely on disagreement? How would you feel? I would imagine you would be disheartened and frustrated, upset and felt abandoned by the very people who are there not to take away rights but to ensure that the rights of every American is properly protected by those who would try to remove the rights of the people.

To be clear, I am a Christian. I follow the word of God. Here is my thought on the subject of our Rulers.

I'll make this relatively brief which is a relative novelty for me. I'm glad to hear you don't support the terror attack on the Capitol. However, I do not see the people who attacked law enforcement, broke into the Capitol, and ransacked parts of the Capitol as being mere "perpetrators." They are insurrectionist terrorists part of an insurgency movement.

Additionally, although there's some evidence that a few of the terrorists were "let in" so to speak, (whether by LE moving aside or otherwise) the vast majority of people entered by overwhelming law enforcement at entry points or entered through shattered windows/broken doors. A smaller number entered by climbing up to a higher-level of the Capitol and forcing entry through a door or window in those areas. There's hours of video out there showing this.

Finally, the initial breach of the Capitol perimeter in which law enforcement "moved" some of the metal crowd control barriers has been turned into a false narrative as the viral video of that scene was clipped from a longer video that shows the full context. That context, importantly, shows that it was a tactical retreat by a small number of law enforcement to a secondary position. They were not "letting" anyone in, however, but trying to fall back to a backup position to consolidate their forces and block the mob from entering.

And, before anyone takes issue with my labeling of the insurrectionist mob attack as a terror attack, which is part of a larger insurgency movement, they should read the following article:

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/news...-counterterrorism-experts-warn-100000381.html

Edit: BTW, Trump is not a Conservative and never has been.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
I will add one final thing. I'm sure many of you have seen the "leaked" FBI & DHS memos warning of further potential violence and attacks. I cannot speak in detail or discuss anything that has not been made public, but I receive threat intelligence from the FBI and other agencies as part of my job.

The extensive deployment of the National Guard and federal law enforcement is not being done simply out of an abundance of caution. It is a direct response to clearly identified threat actors and groups. All of what I stated in this post has previously been made public, primarily through leaks to the media, but the key point is that what happened at the Capitol is part of a broader threat. The FBI and other agencies are taking these events very seriously and they are right to do so.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I will add one final thing. I'm sure many of you have seen the "leaked" FBI & DHS memos warning of further potential violence and attacks. I cannot speak in detail or discuss anything that has not been made public, but I receive threat intelligence from the FBI and other agencies as part of my job.

The extensive deployment of the National Guard and federal law enforcement is not being done simply out of an abundance of caution. It is a direct response to clearly identified threat actors and groups. All of what I stated in this post has previously been made public, primarily through leaks to the media, but the key point is that what happened at the Capitol is part of a broader threat. The FBI and other agencies are taking these events very seriously and they are right to do so.
Evan.. I know you can't reveal much about the info you received but could you tell us the groups from which these security threats originated? Proud Boys? Antifa? Specific White Nationalists groups? Specific Militia organizations?

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The AP is reporting a possible inside attack during the inauguration according to defense officials.

Evan

Reaction score
Evan.. I know you can't reveal much about the info you received but could you tell us the groups from which these security threats originated? Proud Boys? Antifa? Specific White Nationalists groups? Specific Militia organizations?
Unfortunately, I cannot go into any specifics outside of what has been made public or that has leaked publicly. On that basis, there is public media reporting that identifies White Nationalist organizations, some militia groups, and the Proud Boys as potential threats. However, as I've stated, all of that is information that is already public.

Evan

Reaction score
I would urge everyone to catch up with Axios' reporting on Trump's post-election behavior and clear plan to proclaim victory on election night due to the staturory delays in mail ballot processing in several key states. Trump knew that he lost. He concocted a plan to try to steal the election by fomenting conspiracy theories and falsely claiming victory. He knew from internal polling in the weeks leading up to the election, and from his campaign's election night analysis, that he had lost.

Trump's activities since the election, and his encouragement of an insurrection are the most serious threats our democracy has faced since the Civil War. It's not hyperbole. It's not partisan politics. It's not sour grapes. The evidence is overwhelming and he has not only refused to take any responsibility, he also has shown zero remorse.

If the GOP does not join together with the Democrats in convicting Trump for his high crimes and misdemeanors then the Biden DOJ and state Attorney Generals in various states are going to have to hold him criminally accountable once he leaves office. I think an attempt at a self pardon is probably at least 85% certain at this point. Unfortunately, Biden cannot turn the other cheek. The crimes are too serious, and Trump's potential to continue to incite domestic terrorists and insurrectionists is too dangerous to ignore.

Multiple high-level GOP politicians, including Ben Sasse, have now been very explicit in labeling 01/06 as a failed terror attack on the Capitol. The insurrectionist terrorists were deadset on murdering politicians and attempting to overthrow our democratically elected government. We are in unprecedented times. The consequences must be severe and the price paid by all bad actors must be high.

I'm incredibly saddened by what has happened to the great American experiment. Domestically, we are on the precipice of our political system failing in disgrace, while our foreign adversaries are licking their chops to take advantage of our weakness. I am not very hopeful. There are many more potentially negative or catastrophic outcomes than there are positive ones. We have failed our children and our grandchildren.

Evan

Reaction score
The AP is reporting a possible inside attack during the inauguration according to defense officials.

As concerning as our own homegrown internal threat is, it should shake Americans to the core that our foreign adversaries have long prepared for such a moment. There has rarely been such an opportune moment for our foreign adversaries to strike and take advantage of our current weakness and disarray.

We can also be sure that their intelligence operatives, proxies, and covert resources have been activated domestically and abroad, with concrete strategies and plans on how to best take advantage of this moment in time.

People can call it fear-mongering. I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
As concerning as our own homegrown internal threat is, it should shake Americans to the core that our foreign adversaries have long prepared for such a moment. There has rarely been such an opportune moment for our foreign adversaries to strike and take advantage of our current weakness and disarray.

We can also be sure that their intelligence operatives, proxies, and covert resources have been activated domestically and abroad, with concrete strategies and plans on how to best take advantage of this moment in time.

I couldn't agree more with your analysis.

If I were a foreign adversary I will would be at all hands on deck. The upper level officials are fractured and in disarray and we can only hope that the foundation of the various government security agencies are concrete in their resolve. This is a very tumultuous time in the great American experiment.

60 Minutes is one of my favorite television shows and I encourage everyone interested in politics to indulge in their journalism. Here is a recent clip regarding security of the upcoming inauguration:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

I disagree here. I think everyone is well aware of the family dynamic. I like to think of this country as one big dysfunctional family. We fight bicker and argue amongst ourselves. But the moment we are attacked from the outside, we are like the family members who come together and take on those who have come against us.

I hope we never find out. But to be honest, when we read God's plan there is a time when this world dissolves into Chaos before Jesus Comes back. That doesn't mean that this is what is going on. I just know its going to get worse before the world is recreated.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree here. I think everyone is well aware of the family dynamic. I like to think of this country as one big dysfunctional family. We fight bicker and argue amongst ourselves. But the moment we are attacked from the outside, we are like the family members who come together and take on those who have come against us.

I hope we never find out. But to be honest, when we read God's plan there is a time when this world dissolves into Chaos before Jesus Comes back. That doesn't mean that this is what is going on. I just know its going to get worse before the world is recreated.
I couldn't disagree more with your sentiment, no offense intended. I don't want to sound like an alarmist or convey radical fringe leftist ideals, but this country isn't any more established than the roman empire or Egyptians or any other dominating figure in history. We're a young nation and although we've seen immense success that grants us extreme comfort, the test of time has not been favorable to great civilizations. I'm not looking at the world from a godly respective, I'm looking at it from a historical one. While I feel like we as a nation are strong and our patriotism can overcome any outside obstacle, there is a disparaging feeling of discomfort at the events that have occurred and realization at what took place in the past weeks and years. We are strong but we are not impervious to failure. If ever there was a time to decide what's bad and what's good for the future, now is that time. Nobody is controlling us, we all have free thought and free will. This great country and it's achievements will only survive if we make it survive.

gangstonc

Reaction score

I would be shocked if foreign spies weren’t in the capitol with the rest of the mob on 1/6.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I couldn't disagree more with your sentiment, no offense intended. I don't want to sound like an alarmist or convey radical fringe leftist ideals, but this country isn't any more established than the roman empire or Egyptians or any other dominating figure in history. We're a young nation and although we've seen immense success that grants us extreme comfort, the test of time has not been favorable to great civilizations. I'm not looking at the world from a godly respective, I'm looking at it from a historical one. While I feel like we as a nation are strong and our patriotism can overcome any outside obstacle, there is a disparaging feeling of discomfort at the events that have occurred and realization at what took place in the past weeks and years. We are strong but we are not impervious to failure. If ever there was a time to decide what's bad and what's good for the future, now is that time. Nobody is controlling us, we all have free thought and free will. This great country and it's achievements will only survive if we make it survive.
I can agree on most of your statement but the last sentence I disagree with. This great country will only continue to be great if we turn around and follow God’s will. If not we will fall like every other great nation that has turned their backs on Him. We will only survive if He allows us to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back