• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Jay,
Before I go any farther, I have a couple of simple questions for you (I want to make sure that I interpret your post correctly): Do you think the majority of people posting in the political thread are conservatives? What party do you believe most of the posters in the political thread align with?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Jay,
Before I go any farther, I have a couple of simple questions for you (I want to make sure that I interpret your post correctly): Do you think the majority of people posting in the political thread are conservatives? What party do you believe most of the posters in the political thread align with?
No by the conversations I believe that most of those who post in the political thread are left leaning. Maybe not full on Democrats but I believe that the majority who post in this thread vote Democrat more than they vote republican.

Jacob

Reaction score
No by the conversations I believe that most of those who post in the political thread are left leaning. Maybe not full on Democrats but I believe that the majority who post in this thread vote Democrat more than they vote republican.

I'm pretty sure the only ones active in this and the other political thread that lean pretty left are gangstonc and KoD, though I'd have to go back in the other thread because I feel like I'm missing a couple from that thread.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
That’s what I thought. And you are completely wrong.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I can only go by the comments people represent themselves by.
No, you go by the fact that many of us do not like Trump - not supporting Trump in no way equates to not being conservative or a Republican. Other then being anti-Trump, what other left leaning traits do the majority of posters on here exhibit?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
No, you go by the fact that many of us do not like Trump - not supporting Trump in no way equates to not being conservative or a Republican. Other then being anti-Trump, what other left leaning traits do the majority of posters on here exhibit?
I can agree that being Anti Trump does not equate to being a democrat. However when the candidate on the other side has said they are anti-second amendment, when they have said they want to take away free speech, I do not see how you can be against those things and call yourself on the right. But to each his own.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I can agree that being Anti Trump does not equate to being a democrat. However when the candidate on the other side has said they are anti-second amendment, when they have said they want to take away free speech, I do not see how you can be against those things and call yourself on the right. But to each his own.
If you are a Republican, I don’t see how you could support Trump because just as I predicted, electing him led to democrats controlling the house, the senate, and the presidency. It was clear as day during the 2016 primaries.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
If you are a Republican, I don’t see how you could support Trump because just as I predicted, electing him led to democrats controlling the house, the senate, and the presidency. It was clear as day during the 2016 primaries.
That is your opinion. 74 Million Americans Disagree with you while 75 Million Agreed.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the only ones active in this and the other political thread that lean pretty left are gangstonc and KoD, though I'd have to go back in the other thread because I feel like I'm missing a couple from that thread.
I have voted for a republicans more than democrats. Here lately, I have been forced to side more with the dems because of many republicans falling in line behind trump and his lies and rejection of facts.

I voted for Doug Jones twice because he ran against a pedophile once and an idiot once.

I voted for Obama twice. I really liked McCain, hated Palin. Didn’t care for Romney. I could never vote for somebody like Hillary or Trump. I voted against Trump in 2020.

Im pretty middle of the road. I also generally don’t like either party to be in office for more than two terms. I like balance.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Are you saying Biden is anti 2nd amendment? I think maybe his interpretation doesn’t match yours. He’s not anti 2nd amendment.

Who wants to take away free speech?

you are confusing me.

Jacob

Reaction score
I have voted for a republicans more than democrats. Here lately, I have been forced to side more with the dems because of many republicans falling in line behind trump and his lies and rejection of facts.

I voted for Doug Jones twice because he ran against a pedophile once and an idiot once.

I voted for Obama twice. I really liked McCain, hated Palin. Didn’t care for Romney. I could never vote for somebody like Hillary or Trump. I voted against Trump in 2020.

Im pretty middle of the road. I also generally don’t like either party to be in office for more than two terms. I like balance.

I stand corrected.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Are you saying Biden is anti 2nd amendment? I think maybe his interpretation doesn’t match yours. He’s not anti 2nd amendment.

Who wants to take away free speech?

you are confusing me.
Any law or policy that restricts what i can say is anti free speech. I don't care if you don't like it.

Any law or policy that says that I can't own a gun no matter make model or type of ammo it can fire is anti 2nd amendment.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Any law or policy that restricts what i can say is anti free speech. I don't care if you don't like it.

Any law or policy that says that I can't own a gun no matter make model or type of ammo it can fire is anti 2nd amendment.
Well, that’s incorrect, but whatever.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
In your opinion.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score

Then you voted for someone who is anti 2nd amendment.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Then you voted for someone who is anti 2nd amendment.
Agreed we haven't had a president who wasn't Anti Second Amendment for over 80 years. They forget about the part of the Amendment that says "Shall not be infringed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back