• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After a short time here I have learned this forum leans left. Or most of the members do. And that these members are not open to opposing views. The same folks that accuse the right of being closed minded. I’m a big boy and can handle myself. No sympathy needed nor expected. I like the debate!

Jacob

Reaction score
After a short time here I have learned this forum leans left. Or most of the members do. And that these members are not open to opposing views. The same folks that accuse the right of being closed minded. I’m a big boy and can handle myself. No sympathy needed nor expected. I like the debate!

Actually this forum has always leaned right, hard right a decade or so ago. There’s a lot wider range of viewpoints on here now than there use to be.

And don’t confuse simply not liking trump with not being on the right.

Kory

Reaction score
I certainly do not. Nor do I think many of the members here do.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Actually this forum has always leaned right, hard right a decade or so ago. There’s a lot wider range of viewpoints on here now than there use to be.

And don’t confuse simply not liking trump with not being on the right.
I did vote for a democrat for president ONCE.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Congratulations. It’s very early in January and you have submitted an incredibly strong contender for the Most Incorrect Post of the Year Award.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
You once again rely non faulty polls. Will you ever learn?
I’m confused. You make statements like “After a short time here...”, but then you also say you’ve lurked for a long time and make statements like “Will you ever learn?” So, which is it... are you new and just now determining which way people lean or have you been around so long to determine that someone is incapable of learning?

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. I've only been here for 8 years (two of which was intermittent ghosting) and many users here much, much longer. When I started posting I can't recall any particular person who wanted to jump in and share their dissenting thoughts. But when I did there was only a couple people who dismissed it as outrageous idiocy. Most everyone showed respect and countered my opinions tactfully and passionately. We talked global warming, abortion, economics, etc... This is far from a left leaning forum and if you were around to see those discussions you'd see just how conservative many political thread posters are. They know that other people have entirety different world views and that even though beliefs differ, other people have rationalizations for their beliefs.
I can't think of anything more ironic than someone trying to persuade a majority conservative bunch of people that Trump has more support than we realize. If he is so supported then why do so many intelligent conservatives dissent?
We realize he has support, but we are also a group who appreciates a great debate and learning from each other's perspective. You're encouraged to share your thoughts and opinions but everyone here will be (sometimes brutally) honest.
I may disagree with what you post but I'm absolutely going to try to put my frame of reference aside and put myself in your shoes.

Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. I've only been here for 8 years (two of which was intermittent ghosting) and many users here much, much longer. When I started posting I can't recall any particular person who wanted to jump in and share their dissenting thoughts. But when I did there was only a couple people who dismissed it as outrageous idiocy. Most everyone showed respect and countered my opinions tactfully and passionately. We talked global warming, abortion, economics, etc... This is far from a left leaning forum and if you were around to see those discussions you'd see just how conservative many political thread posters are. They know that other people have entirety different world views and that even though beliefs differ, other people have rationalizations for their beliefs.
I can't think of anything more ironic than someone trying to persuade a majority conservative bunch of people that Trump has more support than we realize. If he is so supported then why do so many intelligent conservatives dissent?
We realize he has support, but we are also a group who appreciates a great debate and learning from each other's perspective. You're encouraged to share your thoughts and opinions but everyone here will be (sometimes brutally) honest.
I may disagree with what you post but I'm absolutely going to try to put my frame of reference aside and put myself in your shoes.

Brevity is the soul of wit!

Reactions: KoD

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Keep on looking!
Okay I have to chime in. If you are going to say you are reading stories about this then why not just share the link? The baiting is getting old quickly and I dare say it is disruptive. If you like the debate then back your points up with facts or kindly move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back