• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score
Isn't it obvious at this point that Patrick is a Shareblue Democrat operative here to ROLCON (roleplay as a Conservative as the article below explains) and his goal is to actually turn people against Trump?

Yep, he's a Shareblue operative. This article pretty much confirms it.

I wasn't quite ready to take old Patrick seriously, but when he claimed our forum is full of left-wingers I knew he was ROLCONing as an Trump supporter. Totally explains his VPN usage as well. These guys wouldn't be effective if people saw that their IP is from DC or NYC.

Patrick -- tell David Brock I said hello. He needs to send you guys to more training. You played your role a little too hard. You should redeploy to a less sophisticated forum where you can fire up the rubes. Who's funding the project you're on? Bernie or Warren?

Hillary lost, buddy. Pretending to be a Kool-Aid drinking Trump supporter isn't going to change that fact.

:p

<<This post has been modified by a moderator to remove unacceptable phrase / WesL>>

Last edited by a moderator:

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Isn't it obvious at this point that Patrick is a Shareblue Democrat operative here to ROLCON (roleplay as a Conservative as the article below explains) and his goal is to actually turn people against Trump?

Yep, he's a Shareblue operative. This article pretty much confirms it.

I wasn't quite ready to take old Patrick seriously, but when he claimed our forum is full of left-wingers I knew he was ROLCONing as an Trump supporter. Totally explains his VPN usage as well. These guys wouldn't be effective if people saw that their IP is from DC or NYC.

Patrick -- tell David Brock I said hello. He needs to send you guys to more training. You played your role a little too hard. You should redeploy to a less sophisticated forum where you can fire up the rubes. Who's funding the project you're on? Bernie or Warren?

Hillary lost, buddy. Pretending to be a Kool-Aid drinking Trump supporter isn't going to change that fact.

:p

<<This post has been modified by a moderator to remove unacceptable phrase / WesL>>
ROLCON? LOL have never heard of that but it is so silly it kinda makes sense. I've modified your post because it was dangerously close to a personal attack even in satire. Also to be fair at one point we believed that our friend @Patrick O'Connor was using a VPN but it seems that he appears to be legit. Debate on nicely guys.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1578410023446.png
    1578410023446.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 0

Evan

Reaction score
ROLCON? LOL have never heard of that but it is so silly it kinda makes sense. I've modified your post because it was dangerously close to a personal attack even in satire. Also to be fair at one point we believed that our friend @Patrick O'Connor was using a VPN but it seems that he appears to be legit. Debate on nicely guys.

giphy.gif

I'm not even remotely serious. I'm conspiracy theorizing as parody.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
After a short time here I have learned this forum leans left. Or most of the members do. And that these members are not open to opposing views. The same folks that accuse the right of being closed minded. I’m a big boy and can handle myself. No sympathy needed nor expected. I like the debate!

You said you’ve read the forum for a long time...

I lean waaaayyyy far right! I can’t stand mainstream media. I despise the right to have an abortion, I own two guns and have a permit to use them.
But I was still understanding politics under Bush 1, Clinton was an idiot nor
I enjoy the last term of Bush 2, I couldn’t stand Obama but I’m still trying to understand why some don’t consider me a good conservative because I don’t respect Trump. I honestly don’t know how I feel about him as President because there are no outlets to learn from that are partial enough to listen and find out the real stories.

I do trust our military advisors and if he’s listening to them, I feel more confident.

I am a conservative, Republican that doesn’t respect Trump as a person and I don’t understand how the religious community can say I support Trump without a BUT he’s....

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
You said you’ve read the forum for a long time...

I lean waaaayyyy far right! I can’t stand mainstream media. I despise the right to have an abortion, I own two guns and have a permit to use them.
But I was still understanding politics under Bush 1, Clinton was an idiot nor
I enjoy the last term of Bush 2, I couldn’t stand Obama but I’m still trying to understand why some don’t consider me a good conservative because I don’t respect Trump. I honestly don’t know how I feel about him as President because there are no outlets to learn from that are partial enough to listen and find out the real stories.

I do trust our military advisors and if he’s listening to them, I feel more confident.

I am a conservative, Republican that doesn’t respect Trump as a person and I don’t understand how the religious community can say I support Trump without a BUT he’s....

I would say the religious community only supports him because well he isn't the left that lately has become Radical in its leaning. Way to far left and not even close to center. I am a right leaning person who is leaning more and more right the closer I get to God. That doesn't mean I don't support rights, it means I am a Christian not a Politician who has to care what others think. I only care what God thinks of me.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I would say the religious community only supports him because well he isn't the left that lately has become Radical in its leaning. Way to far left and not even close to center. I am a right leaning person who is leaning more and more right the closer I get to God. That doesn't mean I don't support rights, it means I am a Christian not a Politician who has to care what others think. I only care what God thinks of me.

That is how all Christians should be!! Great post!!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Now that's interesting because I used to be a hard right leaning person but as I've become closer to God.. my views on several things have gone left and I consider myself a moderate now... right leaning on certain issues but left leaning on certain issues.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Now that's interesting because I used to be a hard right leaning person but as I've become closer to God.. my views on several things have gone left and I consider myself a moderate now... right leaning on certain issues but left leaning on certain issues.
I have done the same thing as well. It's interesting how people have different paths. I like it.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

So what areas have you gone left on and what areas have you stayed right on?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I have done the same thing as well. It's interesting how people have different paths. I like it.
Same question to you: So what areas have you gone left on and what areas have you stayed right on?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Same question to you: So what areas have you gone left on and what areas have you stayed right on?
In all social areas I have moved much farther left. I have also moved farther left on govt programs such as food stamps, however I still think all of that should be as limited as possible. I have moved to the left on healthcare. In general I have become more accepting of people's differences and struggles, and have become more open to the idea of the govt helping those people.

I am still pro 2nd amendment. I am still pro small govt. I also believe we need a large, powerful military. I don't believe we should spend more money than we have.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
In all social areas I have moved much farther left. I have also moved farther left on govt programs such as food stamps, however I still think all of that should be as limited as possible. I have moved to the left on healthcare.

I am still pro 2nd amendment. I am still pro small govt. I also believe we need a large, powerful military. I don't believe we should spend more money than we have.

See a couple of things do not go well together there. Your stance on healthcare and you saying you are pro small government. It doesn't work both ways.

Also as a Christian, social areas cannot move left because those are not inline with the Word of God. Allowing people to make their own decisions yes, acceptance, no.

My issue with food stamps is that the program in my opinion was a way that someone said, the Church has to much influence on the people. How do we take that away, take away food banks and reliance upon the churches providing aid to the people in the communities they are in and make it a Government Program. That way the Christians will no longer be a factor and more people will go away from the church.

gangstonc

Reaction score
See a couple of things do not go well together there. Your stance on healthcare and you saying you are pro small government. It doesn't work both ways.

Also as a Christian, social areas cannot move left because those are not inline with the Word of God. Allowing people to make their own decisions yes, acceptance, no.

My issue with food stamps is that the program in my opinion was a way that someone said, the Church has to much influence on the people. How do we take that away, take away food banks and reliance upon the churches providing aid to the people in the communities they are in and make it a Government Program. That way the Christians will no longer be a factor and more people will go away from the church.
I think gov't should shrink in many areas and grow in healthcare. It can work both ways.

Social areas can move left for me because of how Jesus treated people different than him. I strive to be as accepting as him.

I wish the churches would handle the poor so we could rid the govt of the responsibility. Since they are not, we have to find other ways to help.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I think gov't should shrink in many areas and grow in healthcare. It can work both ways.

We disagree here. I do not think Government should be involved in Any welfare programs.

gangstonc said:
Social areas can move left for me because of how Jesus treated people different than him. I strive to be as accepting as him.
Loving of individuals no matter who they are yes. But what does Jesus say when he talks to the Prostitute?

John 8: 1- 11

1Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, 2but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. 3As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.

4“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”

6They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” 8Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

9When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

11“No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

gangstonc said:
I wish the churches would handle the poor so we could rid the govt of the responsibility. Since they are not, we have to find other ways to help.

They used to and I wish that more and more people would come to the church instead of relying on the Government.

gangstonc

Reaction score
We disagree here. I do not think Government should be involved in Any welfare programs.

Loving of individuals no matter who they are yes. But what does Jesus say when he talks to the Prostitute?

John 8: 1- 11

1Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, 2but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. 3As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.

4“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”

6They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” 8Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

9When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

11“No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

They used to and I wish that more and more people would come to the church instead of relying on the Government.
He said that she was a sinner, which is true. He also said it's not my place to punish her, which is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back