• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I agree about Barr recusing himself

gangstonc

Reaction score
Sounds like some WH lawyers could be in trouble for the cover up. Hiding the transcripts and other info in areas with a higher classification than necessary.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
It's interesting so many congressmen and the secretary of state say they haven't read the complaint yet, but they're speaking about it publicly and giving their thoughts to the media. You'd think they'd show more vested interest in the talk of the nation.

If the call was no big deal, totally appropriate as Trump put it, then was it really put in a secure server reserved for high end classified discussions? And if so, why? Seems like a normal discussion would go where normal discussions go.

If the verbatim transcript is obtained and it's worse than what was released by the White House, would that play into the idea that there's a cover-up?

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
It's interesting so many congressmen and the secretary of state say they haven't read the complaint yet, but they're speaking about it publicly and giving their thoughts to the media. You'd think they'd show more vested interest in the talk of the nation.

If the call was no big deal, totally appropriate as Trump put it, then was it really put in a secure server reserved for high end classified discussions? And if so, why? Seems like a normal discussion would go where normal discussions go.

If the verbatim transcript is obtained and it's worse than what was released by the White House, would that play into the idea that there's a cover-up?
They did the same thing with the Mueller Report. Both sides.

Matt

Reaction score
Whistleblower complaint was delivered to Congress. Thus far known reactions are:
Democrat: "deeply disturbing"
Republican: no comment.
Very interesting press conference today too.
National intelligence director threatens to resign if not allowed to speak freely to Congress? Idk what that's about.

The ball is moving fast now.

WB heard the info second hand. If so egregious why didn't anyone that did hear the call come forward. The person is most likely a Brennan or Clapper plant.

gangstonc

Reaction score
WB heard the info second hand. If so egregious why didn't anyone that did hear the call come forward. The person is most likely a Brennan or Clapper plant.
That will have to be investigated. Those people should be subpoenaed and answer questions.

The complaint is either fabricated, or the other people were part of a cover up.

The memorandum of transcript makes me think they are part of the cover up. It's impeachable as it sits.

Matt

Reaction score
They did the same thing with the Mueller Report. Both sides.

That will have to be investigated. Those people should be subpoenaed and answer questions.

The complaint is either fabricated, or the other people were part of a cover up.

The memorandum of transcript makes me think they are part of the cover up. It's impeachable as it sits.

This is all BS. This is just another chapter in the playbook to get Trump. This is a big pile of garbage. It will blow over and then the next pre-planned attack will be launched. Mark my words.

gangstonc

Reaction score
This is all BS. This is just another chapter in the playbook to get Trump. This is a big pile of garbage. It will blow over and then the next pre-planned attack will be launched. Mark my words.
It may very well be. But how do you explain the content in the memorandum of transcript the WH released?

Specifically, pressuring a foreign country to investigate a political rival (while offering the help of the AG and a personal lawyer).

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
It may very well be. But how do you explain the content in the memorandum of transcript the WH released?

Specifically, pressuring a foreign country to investigate a political rival (while offering the help of the AG and a personal lawyer).

He asked them to look into how the Russia collusion crap started. I don't have a problem with him asking them to contact the AG about possible corruption by the former V.P. and his son. Do you ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
He asked them to look into how the Russia collusion crap started. I don't have a problem with him asking them to contact the AG about possible corruption by the former V.P. and his son. Do you ?
I do. He should have asked the FBI to do it. It directly benefits Trump. He shouldn't be asking for a "favor" like this.

Matt

Reaction score
It's a pretty big deal. Very improper.

Not a big deal. How about Sen. Murphy's threat to Ukraine's president to hold aid if they open an investigation into Biden ? where is your call for his resignation ? And the other three Dem senators I referenced earlier in this thread ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Not a big deal. How about Sen. Murphy's threat to Ukraine's president to hold aid if they open an investigation into Biden ? where is your call for his resignation ? And the other three Dem senators I referenced earlier in this thread ?
If he did it, he needs to resign. However, he was careful to reference it to if they meddled in our election, we would revoke aid.

"I told Zelensky that he should not insert himself or his government into American politics. I cautioned him that complying with the demands of the President's campaign representatives to investigate a political rival of the President would gravely damage the U.S.-Ukraine relationship. There are few things that Republicans and Democrats agree on in Washington these days, and support for Ukraine is one of them,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back