• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
Trump knows his re-election is in big trouble. He's scrambling. Only explanation of the Ukraine/Biden mess.

This is stunning.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-disapprove-of-trumps-job-performance-despite

Do you really believe that ? Is the president supposed to ignore the previous VP held a billion dollars destined for Ukraine hostage unless a prosecutor looking into the company Hunter Biden "worked" for was fired ! There's your real crime! Tell me which of the nut jobs running in the democrat primary beats Trump ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Do you really believe that ? Is the president supposed to ignore the previous VP held a billion dollars destined for Ukraine hostage unless a prosecutor looking into the company Hunter Biden "worked" for was fired ! There's your real crime! Tell me which of the nut jobs running in the democrat primary beats Trump ?
You don’t go after one crime with another. He should have called the FBI, not a foreign country.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
I'm not sure Democrats have enough support for impeachment. But if they do, it's certainly going to face a tough battle in the Senate.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I'm not sure Democrats have enough support for impeachment. But if they do, it's certainly going to face a tough battle in the Senate.
No way it makes it through the senate. He could commit murder and he wouldn’t be removed from office.

Why didn’t trump just call the FBI instead of trying to get Ukraine to handle it?

earlier, the administration said there was no official transcript of the phone call. Now they are going to provide one. Reminds me of Nixon’s transcripts...

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
No way it makes it through the senate. He could commit murder and he wouldn’t be removed from office.

Why didn’t trump just call the FBI instead of trying to get Ukraine to handle it?

earlier, the administration said there was no official transcript of the phone call. Now they are going to provide one. Reminds me of Nixon’s transcripts...

It is obvious you don’t pay attention but only to a few liberal news sources.

And President Trump isn’t Hillary Clinton. But there is no evidence of anything. But it doesn’t matter about pesky things like facts.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It is obvious you don’t pay attention but only to a few liberal news sources.

And President Trump isn’t Hillary Clinton. But there is no evidence of anything. But it doesn’t matter about pesky things like facts.
Where did I say anything incorrect? My post seems to follow the news pretty well. We haven’t seen the evidence of anything, but nobody has. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
We know the complaint should have been handed over to congress. We know it hasn’t been. That’s fishy.
We know the admin has changed its story a few times now, sometimes in the same convo. That’s fishy.

skelly

Reaction score
So I don’t think the democrats want a trial in the senate talking about the Bidens deals in the Ukraine and China. Or do they? Throw Biden under the bus to get rid of Trump? They want to able to limit discussion to the information being withheld from congress deal.
FBI could of already investigated the issues but hey they investigated Hillary and look what they came up with...
Trump probably should have called in the FBI. He would have been considered to be breaking the law by doing that as well. As if he could sick the FBI on Biden and get away with it. Whoever saying he should have asked FBI to investigate they would be the first ones to suggest that that was corruption.
The message is don’t mess with career politicians and their shakedowns of foreign leaders for personal gain.
This story is mundane compared to what the collusion investigation was supposed to be about but they couldn’t bring themselves to impeach over it?
If there ever was a time for a third party to gain power in America this would be it. I shudder to think though what would be thrown at whoever seriously tries...

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Where did I say anything incorrect? My post seems to follow the news pretty well. We haven’t seen the evidence of anything, but nobody has. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
We know the complaint should have been handed over to congress. We know it hasn’t been. That’s fishy.
We know the admin has changed its story a few times now, sometimes in the same convo. That’s fishy.
So let's just start impeachment proceedings, the evidence will have to come out later right.

Why not put you on trial for anything, the evidence will have to show up right? That is basically what you are saying.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So let's just start impeachment proceedings, the evidence will have to come out later right.

Why not put you on trial for anything, the evidence will have to show up right? That is basically what you are saying.
Because allegations had been made that the intelligence committee IG had deemed credible. So your interpretation is far different

The memorandum of transcript (whitewashed transcript) shows trump urged the president of Ukraine to work with his personal attorney and the attorney general to bring down a political rival. Incredible.

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Because allegations had been made that the intelligence committee IG had deemed credible. So your interpretation is far different

The memorandum of transcript (whitewashed transcript) shows trump urged the president of Ukraine to work with his personal attorney and the attorney general to bring down a political rival. Incredible.

Look man I don't care what your ideology is, what you believe or don't believe. The fact is per the United States Constitution that you cannot prosecute someone just because. You must have evidence, facts, and/or witnesses to back it up. I don't care if you like the President or not, you don't do this for political reasons.

Section 4. of Article II of the Constitution Reads:
Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

There is no evidence of anything, so what are they holding impeachment proceedings for?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Look man I don't care what your ideology is, what you believe or don't believe. The fact is per the United States Constitution that you cannot prosecute someone just because. You must have evidence, facts, and/or witnesses to back it up. I don't care if you like the President or not, you don't do this for political reasons.

Section 4. of Article II of the Constitution Reads:
Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

There is no evidence of anything, so what are they holding impeachment proceedings for?
There was a credible whistleblower complaint! What do you not understand about that?

The memorandum of transcript, released today, also shows evidence. It's there now!

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
There was a credible whistleblower complaint! What do you not understand about that?

The memorandum of transcript, released today, also shows evidence. It's there now!

I guess you skip the investigation and proceed straight to Impeachment. You all hate Trump so much that without all the facts, you want him out of office. Liberals are acting like little children. I want that cereal and I am going to sit in the middle of the grocery isle until I get what I want.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I guess you skip the investigation and proceed straight to Impeachment. You all hate Trump so much that without all the facts, you want him out of office. Liberals are acting like little children. I want that cereal and I am going to sit in the middle of the grocery isle until I get what I want.
Impeachment inquiry is the first step...

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Impeachment inquiry is the first step...

Wrong Man I wish you all knew the Constitution. First the Congress, (not just the House) Investigates whatever the allegations may be.

Then if the allegations are founded then the House passes Articles of Impeachment.

Please go read the Constitution. Would you like a Pocket one? I have plenty.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Wrong Man I wish you all knew the Constitution. First the Congress, (not just the House) Investigates whatever the allegations may be.

Then if the allegations are founded then the House passes Articles of Impeachment.

Please go read the Constitution. Would you like a Pocket one? I have plenty.
Typically the house judiciary committee performs an investigation. Then the house passes articles of impeachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back