• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score

Giuliani admits Trump pushed Ukraine to investigate Biden....

Cuomo: "Did you ask the Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden?"

Rudy: "no, no i didn't"

LITERALLY 30 SECOND LATER

Cuomo: "So you did ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?"

Rudy: "Of course I did!"

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
Can someone please define what a weapon of war is? I see it thrown out a lot by Democratic presidential candidates.

U.S. military sidearm is a Baretta M9...a 9mm handgun. One of, if not the most popular round, for handguns used in self-defense. It used to be a Colt 1911...a .45 caliber handgun, very popular for collectors today.

By definition, those are weapons of war. What about the military's sidearm that is a knife? Tomahawk? Used on the battlefield as well.

See, when you let people who don't know anything suggest policy, it becomes a lot of buzzwords that don't make a whole lotta sense.

skelly

Reaction score
If the first part of your post is really all you think is going on, you are misinformed.

We wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden. It’s POSSIBLE we gave them aid to make it more likely they would do so. See the potential issue? It’s very illegal.

What they want is the “appearance” that Biden did something illegal. Doesn’t matter the facts. Just like what’s going on with Trump, all the investigation and no results, it doesn’t matter the facts all that matters is the “ apparent “ illegal activity of Trump. He will never be impeached, he will never be charged. It’s what politics has come too. We are most likely on the last legs of our republic.

gangstonc

Reaction score
What they want is the “appearance” that Biden did something illegal. Doesn’t matter the facts. Just like what’s going on with Trump, all the investigation and no results, it doesn’t matter the facts all that matters is the “ apparent “ illegal activity of Trump. He will never be impeached, he will never be charged. It’s what politics has come too. We are most likely on the last legs of our republic.

I'm sure Trump won't be impeached. The dems are far too weak to do what needs to be done. Trump would demolish them if he would just release the transcript of the phone call that would prove he did nothing wrong.

Matt

Reaction score
If the first part of your post is really all you think is going on, you are misinformed.

We wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden. It’s POSSIBLE we gave them aid to make it more likely they would do so. See the potential issue? It’s very illegal.

Biden blackmailed and threatened
To withhold loans if Ukraine’s president did not fire a prosecutor investigating his son. You ok with that? Also, Trump was perhaps pursuing evidence that Ukraine was helping the Clinton campaign. Can you say collusion ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Biden blackmailed and threatened
To withhold loans if Ukraine’s president did not fire a prosecutor investigating his son. You ok with that? Also, Trump was perhaps pursuing evidence that Ukraine was helping the Clinton campaign. Can you say collusion ?
That’s great, but doesn’t have anything to do with Trump’s guilt or innocence in this matter.

To withhold congressionally appropriated aid of Ukraine did not help the president win re-election. You ok with that?

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score

Kory

Reaction score
Ah, yes, the climate protestors that shut down Washington D.C. streets making hard working folks late to work and throwing/burning trash in the streets has really fixed climate change. I’m sure it’s gotten a lot of “on the fence” people on board too.

Kory

Reaction score

Lots of feels, not a whole lot of science behind this Greta Thunberg girl's shtick. "We are in the beginning of a mass-extinction." Oh, really? That's flat out fearmongering and far from scientific consensus. Sure, some quick searches of scientific literature and skimming the abstracts of a search titled "holocene mass-extinction" will reveal catchy points she can pontificate about and adults with zero education in that background will accept as fact. But, mass-extinctions are quite complicated and clearly not understood by the masses. She, being one.

First off, mass extinctions are the result of a combination of bad luck. No, seriously, it is. Combinations of cataclysmic events are the precursors of these mass extinctions. Usually requires the perfect combination of sudden changes in the chemical composition of the atmosphere/ocean, extra-terrestrial impact, sea level, etc. Rarely does one or two single factors trigger it. Add in the complexity of the trophic levels, that is a whole different level of unraveling needed. I like to think of the progression of mass-extinctions as a cascade failure of a network. It is often the combo of cataclysmic events that sets the chain moving. Once that trophic level is removed, it cascades up the chain. It usually doesn't start with the vertebrate megafauna we've seen go extinct and even that number is very, very small.

And some times we don't know what causes mass extinctions, just that they've happened. So, how do we know about these mass extinctions? Well, the fossil record of course. Not the big vertebrate megafauna, it's the smaller, invertebrate and even microorganisms that set the base of our ecosystem and often signal mass extinction events. Given that we have the greatest biodiversity of our planet has ever seen (looking in the past fossil record) and the number of classified genera today, the hard-evidence of extinction of species we've seen during the Holocene has been a fraction of 1%. IF that. And I'm being generous. So, how about we reel in this hyperbole. You'll see estimates of 10 or 20% loss of biodiversity (still a far cry of >50% loss in previous), but that is based on modeling of our ecosystem...and rarely does it act in a linear fashion.

Does that mean we aren't headed toward one, well I don't know. What I do know is we don't have any semblance of what the heck is actually going on or a clear path to ecosystem sustainability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back