• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
Horrible. I know they didn’t give a name, but they gave waaaay too much info.

An anonymous WB that did not hear first hand the info that caused him to file the claim wishes to continue to keep anonymous. If you feel this way, grow a pair and identify yourself.

gangstonc

Reaction score
An anonymous WB that did not hear first hand the info that caused him to file the claim wishes to continue to keep anonymous. If you feel this way, grow a pair and identify yourself.
If you heard two people at a bar talking about how the robber an old lady the night before, and you were able to get their license tag #, would you hand that info to the police?

Tons of investigations begin with hearsay.

Evan

Reaction score
It's interesting so many congressmen and the secretary of state say they haven't read the complaint yet, but they're speaking about it publicly and giving their thoughts to the media. You'd think they'd show more vested interest in the talk of the nation.

If the call was no big deal, totally appropriate as Trump put it, then was it really put in a secure server reserved for high end classified discussions? And if so, why? Seems like a normal discussion would go where normal discussions go.

If the verbatim transcript is obtained and it's worse than what was released by the White House, would that play into the idea that there's a cover-up?

It's one of the most cowardly and childish ways I've ever seen of blowing off a question posted by a reporter or a constituent. A large number of Americans absolutely LOVE that kind of response, however, because they haven't read anything longer than a National Enquirer headline in years.

Whatever happened to a simple "no comment" quip? Instead of blatantly lying that they haven't read it and don't know anything about it.

Evan

Reaction score
No way. They intentionally put his name in the report to have people like you call for his recusal. This is beginning to stink and stink bad.

Not following. Are you saying Trump is trying to set Barr up?

Kory

Reaction score
Really weird statement by Beta. They were MURDERED by the US GOVERNMENT. You’d think with the history of murder, violence, and human rights violations, that should disqualify our government from buying guns. They sure wouldn’t pass a background check.

Kory

Reaction score
Just a reminder that our government did this, Beta...with weapons of war too (M1 Garands with bayonets were used against unarmed civilians).

kent-state-massacre-filo.jpg

Just saying, normal law-abiding citizens showed up to your event practicing their guaranteed rights (1st and 2nd amendment), yet when the government showed up, people were slaughtered. Huh...

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
No way. They intentionally put his name in the report to have people like you call for his recusal. This is beginning to stink and stink bad.
People Like me? Wait I am a conservative. I don't disagree that this stinks but it needs to be investigated fully to find out exactly what happened what was said and if anything happened that could be construed as unlawful and if it justify's impeachment. The integrity of the President of The United States is of upmost importance.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
This is such a national crisis. Congress on recess for next two weeks.

There will still be investigations going on. It doesn't just stop because they are on recess.

skelly

Reaction score
There will still be investigations going on. It doesn't just stop because they are on recess.

Oh believe me I know they’ll be busy. Many of them on TV talking about it. Also know that this is more about fundraising and campaigning than it is doing what’s right for the country. I really think in the short run the democrats have tripped themselves up trying to get Trump in this matter. We’ll see if it has impact on the long run. I think Trump wins this battle in the public opinion arena with anyone who reads into beyond the headlines.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Do you all think Biden should be investigated as well?

Matt

Reaction score
His name was in the memorandum of transcript released by the WH! Wake up!

The WB included his name in the complaint in an effort to have him removed from any forthcoming investigation. Won't work. BTW, that complaint was written by lawyers. Most likely lawyers from the House intelligence Committee.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Do you all think Biden should be investigated as well?
Possibly, I don't know much about the situation. From what I read Hunter's compensation from Burisma was payed through a US based LLC and not an overseas shell company (2014-2016 payments released through unrelated litigation). So that's a positive. Then there's the US complaint that Shokin and his prosecutors office wasn't being tough enough on corruption and was ousted after US pressure, specifically originating from the US embassy in Kyiv and passed along to VP Biden who acted to get it done. Now if there was evidence Shokin was putting more pressure on Burisma (even though their case failed a year before) and that the replacement was sympathetic to Burisma then there could be something. Fellow prosecutors deny their office was actively pursuing Burisma at that time. There was also Ukrainian protests to oust Shokin & IMF wanted him out too.
It seems to me that lots of folks wanted Shokin out, and even though Biden played a role in getting that accomplished, I haven't seen any evidence that he did it to protect his son. Ukrainians and their investigations have also found no evidence of wrong doing from Hunter Biden. If there was even a shred of evidence, I would support an investigation. Given that the prosecutor generals office had already investigated & failed to prosecute Burisma in 2015, I don't see why Biden helping to oust Shokin in 2016 could have been nefarious for family reasons. Again I don't know much about it, but I would like to see some kind of evidence. For me the timeline doesn't add up and the civil unrest in Ukraine + international pressure to oust Shokin makes Bidens role in the situation seem reasonable to me. (Note: I haven't supported Biden for president and currently do not)

Matt

Reaction score
Possibly, I don't know much about the situation. From what I read Hunter's compensation from Burisma was payed through a US based LLC and not an overseas shell company (2014-2016 payments released through unrelated litigation). So that's a positive. Then there's the US complaint that Shokin and his prosecutors office wasn't being tough enough on corruption and was ousted after US pressure, specifically originating from the US embassy in Kyiv and passed along to VP Biden who acted to get it done. Now if there was evidence Shokin was putting more pressure on Burisma (even though their case failed a year before) and that the replacement was sympathetic to Burisma then there could be something. Fellow prosecutors deny their office was actively pursuing Burisma at that time. There was also Ukrainian protests to oust Shokin & IMF wanted him out too.
It seems to me that lots of folks wanted Shokin out, and even though Biden played a role in getting that accomplished, I haven't seen any evidence that he did it to protect his son. Ukrainians and their investigations have also found no evidence of wrong doing from Hunter Biden. If there was even a shred of evidence, I would support an investigation. Given that the prosecutor generals office had already investigated & failed to prosecute Burisma in 2015, I don't see why Biden helping to oust Shokin in 2016 could have been nefarious for family reasons. Again I don't know much about it, but I would like to see some kind of evidence. For me the timeline doesn't add up and the civil unrest in Ukraine + international pressure to oust Shokin makes Bidens role in the situation seem reasonable to me. (Note: I haven't supported Biden for president and currently do not)

Read John Solomon's most recent article. Biden is crooked and so is his boy.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Read John Solomon's most recent article. Biden is crooked and so is his boy.
Does the article pertain to the Ukraine situation? If so can you link it? I won't pretend to know all the elements of this story. I'd be about as surprised to find out Biden has skeletons in his closet as I would if I found animal droppings in my backyard.

Matt

Reaction score
Does the article pertain to the Ukraine situation? If so can you link it? I won't pretend to know all the elements of this story. I'd be about as surprised to find out Biden has skeletons in his closet as I would if I found animal droppings in my backyard.

It may not be released yet but I heard him interviewed. He has hundreds of documents and from the lawyers of Burisma Holdings, sworn affidavits from former Ukraine prosecutors stating they were fired not because of corruption or ineptness but because they were investigating Hunter Biden and that Ukraine needed the billion dollars. More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back