• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skelly

Reaction score
If this is the modern Democratic Party, then I hope they never win another election:

Between this and the Democrats desire to ban semi-automatic firearms, they really might end up sparking violent civil unrest unlike anything this country has seen since the Civil War.

I'm so fed up with extremism in both parties that a meteor ending human civilization actually sounds quite appealing.

We have some metro areas that are really blueing up some red states like Virginia. County by county the country is more traditional but tolerant of others but we have large population centers that are blue and radicalized or at least led by radical elites that don’t live the way they propose that the rest of us should. After the civil war we were rid of slavery and the democrats came up with segregation but minorities thrived within their own communities but still were in an unjust situation civilly and economically then we had civil rights movement 100 years later to lead us closer to a fair society then democrats came up with welfare state and applying civil rights to imoral and unjust causes like abortion. The progressive movement is degraded by the permissive movement which makes it the regressive movement. Ben Franklin said “A Republic Madam! If you can keep it...” Jefferson said we couldn’t be ignorant and free. One of the founders said that what we had would work as long as we were a strong Christian people morally, wish I could remember who to quote on that.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Two years in regards to politics and economics is recent. I t was Trump's comments and rhetoric that forced Ford to not build in Mexico but in the U.S. You seem disappointed at their decision.
Harley has no profit, Foxconn isn’t happening, and coal has lost more jobs than Obama’s entire first term?

It’s almost like the entire Trump presidency is a big scam. Once trump came in and tried to back up his rhetoric, it all fell apart.

Kory

Reaction score
Harley has no profit, Foxconn isn’t happening, and coal has lost more jobs than Obama’s entire first term?

It’s almost like the entire Trump presidency is a big scam. Once trump came in and tried to back up his rhetoric, it all fell apart.
Coal is losing jobs because it is just not profitable anymore...even with loosened regulations by Trump. Fracking and natural gas, which Trump has deregulated a ton, has seen faster and continued growth. Yes, it was growing under Obama, but Trump certainly had a hand in recent trends as well.

Fracking and natural gas will continue to support this country for the foreseeable future.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Howard Schultz entering the 2020 race would be huge. Would likely Ross Perot the Democratic party.
I'd hope most everyone would have had their fill with billionaires, especially Democrats, and not go back for seconds. I don't think he'll get very far... But then again I thought the same about Trump in the very beginning.

skelly

Reaction score

This is the kind of talk that got him elected actually.

skelly

Reaction score
I'd hope most everyone would have had their fill with billionaires, especially Democrats, and not go back for seconds. I don't think he'll get very far... But then again I thought the same about Trump in the very beginning.

Everyone has had their fill of democrats and Republicans!

Reactions: KoD

gangstonc

Reaction score
Coal is losing jobs because it is just not profitable anymore...even with loosened regulations by Trump. Fracking and natural gas, which Trump has deregulated a ton, has seen faster and continued growth. Yes, it was growing under Obama, but Trump certainly had a hand in recent trends as well.

Fracking and natural gas will continue to support this country for the foreseeable future.
Metallurgical coal prices have increased more than 2x.

Still, I'm more saying that Trump said he would bring coal jobs and "put miners back to work." He hasn't done so.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Two years in regards to politics and economics is recent. I t was Trump's comments and rhetoric that forced Ford to not build in Mexico but in the U.S. You seem disappointed at their decision.
Don't get dizzy and fall down from all that spinning Matt

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Attack Trump all you want, but seeking to insult and marginalize people for voting for him failing to understand why is not going to take votes away from him.
I'd be under the impression that "his base" would refer to those who currently support him.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Ok. Attack Trump all you want, but seeking to insult and marginalize people for voting for him failing to understand why is not going to take votes away from him.
I don’t think I’ve done that at all. I completely understand why people voted for him - they have been failed by their govt, and he offered a drastically different approach. It just so happens that he is a horrible human being and a liar that only cares about himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back