Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Awesome that we got those two points squared away.

Whose house are we (CNN sleuths) sitting on next? The same ones we were also sitting on at 5:00 a.m Friday?
Don’t know. I haven’t heard of any new indictments coming. Like I said, everybody knew Stone was going to be indicted soon. He said so himself.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
No he didn't!
Trump's appearance of caving may be part of a bigger plan of his.

Re-open govt without funding for the wall. [Done]
Dems celebrate and declare victory. [Ongoing]
15 days for negotiations and see what resolution can be achieved [TBD]
After 15 days if the Dems still propose no wall funding... Trump shuts down govt again and declares national emergency crisis... circumvents the Dems and writes his own check for the wall.

I think this could well be within the realm of possibility and could set a dangerous precedent.

skelly

Reaction score

So are the democrats ready to apologize to Mitt Romney? Really ready to support getting tough on Putin? Put defensive missiles back in Eastern Europe? Send arms to Ukraine? Get tough with Russia and get them out of Syria? You know the opposite of what we did eight years with a Hillary/Kerry leading foreign policy. Obama laughed at and ridiculed Mitt Romney and was very passive with Putin and his aggressions.

So, really don’t know what Putin’s beef with Clinton was and is...I mean there’s the Magnitsky Act but you know she didn’t support that.

Just really hard to take them seriously and CNN now want to get tougher on Russia than FoxNews. (Hey CNN the ‘80s called and want their news back!)

But ok now if we’re going to get tough on Putin and take him seriously it’s going to be the opposite of anything Hillary would have done.

If the democrats think Russia caused Hillary to lose, despite their Shenanigans, then they learned nothing and they won’t change they’ll just keep getting more radical and stupid.

Republicans haven’t changed either they could have done something about immigration when they had the house and senate and president. They could of just supported the rule of existing law and cracked down on any sanctuary cities and the hiring of illegal aliens (hell set up a guest worker program wth Mexico) and really supported getting tough on the criminal element and human trafficking really.

Could of done away with ACA and allowed people to buy insurance across state lines, subsidized companies to take on preexisting conditions which would be a lot cheaper than ACA, and allow individuals to pay the same rate for services when paying out of pocket that insurance companies pay.

It’s a lot of common sense policies that most Americans can support that these two parties will never do.

Republicans could of been like Trump in one way and actually did things they campaigned on saying they would do.

Democrats aren’t going to propose or pass anything useful their just going to obsess on Russian tampering that didn’t affect there election loss to their demise.

Time is ripe for a new party.

Matt

Reaction score
Trump's appearance of caving may be part of a bigger plan of his.

Re-open govt without funding for the wall. [Done]
Dems celebrate and declare victory. [Ongoing]
15 days for negotiations and see what resolution can be achieved [TBD]
After 15 days if the Dems still propose no wall funding... Trump shuts down govt again and declares national emergency crisis... circumvents the Dems and writes his own check for the wall.

I think this could well be within the realm of possibility and could set a dangerous precedent.

What's so dangerous ? Do deny that we have a problem at the Southern border ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
We have a problem at the southern border, not an emergency. Remember how bent out of shape people were about Obama using Executive Orders? This is just another way for current and future presidents to work unilaterally instead of within the intended process.

skelly

Reaction score
We have a problem at the southern border, not an emergency. Remember how bent out of shape people were about Obama using Executive Orders? This is just another way for current and future presidents to work unilaterally instead of within the intended process.

I would do a state of emergency on a case by case basis. Each time caravan I would deploy the military to secure the border so the border patrol could intercept and process the caravan.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The dangerous precedent is the same tactic being used the next time we have a Dem POTUS on their pet issues. Their national emergency crisis might be guns or energy or universal health care or higher taxes to reduce the debt. The wall is a political symbol more than it is an answer to a self-declared crisis. Notice how Trump didn't declare it an emergency crisis until he saw that he missed on his promise that Mex would pay, the Dems won the House, and he needed an issue and victory to rally his base and divert attention from the Mueller stuff. Plus a true emergency crisis needs drastic immediate attention... not a solution that will take years to accomplish.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The dangerous precedent is the same tactic being used the next time we have a Dem POTUS on their pet issues. Their national emergency crisis might be guns or energy or universal health care or higher taxes to reduce the debt. The wall is a political symbol more than it is an answer to a self-declared crisis. Notice how Trump didn't declare it an emergency crisis until he saw that he missed on his promise that Mex would pay, the Dems won the House, and he needed an issue and victory to rally his base and divert attention from the Mueller stuff. Plus a true emergency crisis needs drastic immediate attention... not a solution that will take years to accomplish.
Yes. With a dem president, a mass shooting could be declared a national emergency. And we could lose gun rights.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score

Tell that to the thousands of families that have suffered at the hands of illegals.

Matt

Reaction score

The precedent has already been set. Trump negotiated a much better trade deal with Mexico. Thousands of jobs have already come back to the U.S. Ford announced recently a plant closure in Mexico and coming to the U.S. I would say Mexico is paying for the wall.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The precedent has already been set. Trump negotiated a much better trade deal with Mexico. Thousands of jobs have already come back to the U.S. Ford announced recently a plant closure in Mexico and coming to the U.S. I would say Mexico is paying for the wall.
I can't find info about this plant closure and move to USA. Could you provide details?

Evan

Reaction score
If this is the modern Democratic Party, then I hope they never win another election:

Between this and the Democrats desire to ban semi-automatic firearms, they really might end up sparking violent civil unrest unlike anything this country has seen since the Civil War.

I'm so fed up with extremism in both parties that a meteor ending human civilization actually sounds quite appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back