• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
And leftists don't understand why I will NEVER give up the right to defend myself. Now, we have a politician OPENLY saying they'll keep a newborn comfortable until they decide how they're going to kill it. Won't be long until it's you and me...

Kory

Reaction score
Remember when our ancestors started a revolution over being taxed over tea? Yeah, we now sit back and allow genocide in this country.

Sorry, I'm infuriated. Disgusted. Heartbroken. At a loss for words.

skelly

Reaction score
Remember when our ancestors started a revolution over being taxed over tea? Yeah, we now sit back and allow genocide in this country.

Sorry, I'm infuriated. Disgusted. Heartbroken. At a loss for words.

Don’t be sorry. You’re right.

I hope and pray that most Americans see it the way you do because if not then ...

Arcadia

Reaction score
"Greatest country in the World" "Beacon of Freedom" "Land of the Free"

This is where we were always headed. This is the slope we've been sliding down. This is what everyone who was ever against dehumanizing a clump of cells because we could see the eventuality of that evil. And we were laughed at...mocked...and accused of using scare tactics. This is what happens when you justify ending a life at twelve weeks -- you find reasons to justify ending it at twenty -- then twenty-four -- it was always a matter of time that we justified ending a life at the moment of birth.

They said it would never happen. Not only is it happening....they are GLEEFUL about it. Everyone should be disgusted.

skelly

Reaction score
So basically every one that ever advised or talked toTrump or had anything to do with the campaign at all is fair game to be investigated. This will never end good for the country no matter what is the truth of the matter. Barak Obama assured you that no votes were tampered with by the Russians. That there was a propaganda campaign and email hacking by the Russians has been asserted and it was instigated by them in their own interests. They basically put out fake news and half truths and exposed some ugly truths about both parties and candidates on their own behalf and they are the only ones who will gain anything as a result of the special counsels investigation. So all you of you that are enjoying well just enjoy. It’s not going to change anybody’s choice from the 2016 election and if you unseat trump then what next? Investigate Mike Pence and all tied to him? He did work on the Trump campaign! Willie Brown has a good endorsement for you. She wants to pass true government run free healthcare and I guess for every one who walks across the border too. And another favorite will have the billionaires pay to eradicate real ngworm from the whole state of Alabama. Did the former really do better than Hillary Clinton as far as getting in the game? The latter is just an idiot. You’re other hopes are just more rich white men so there’s that issue again. Now states are passing laws that you can kill babies alive outside the womb and by passing the constitution to give their electoral votes to the winner of the nation wide popular vote. And guess what they want to give rich white men the power to say they are really a black woman and everyone has to recognize and say so, so the first female black president could really be a privileged old white rich man and everyone must be ok with that and he’ll be a lesbian too maybe “her” wife will be a sexy Eastern European Russian Model just like Trump. Thank you Progressive radicals you’re so much smarter than you know people who believe that n the old outdated ways.

Kory

Reaction score
So, is it possible Trump could sign a sweeping EO on abortion, making it illegal in all 50 states from conception? It then gets overturned by a circuit court and then it sent to the Supreme Court through challenges? And, those SCOTUS judges can finally do their job and address one of, if not the biggest, violation of human and civil rights in this country?

Is that a possible scenario?

Evan

Reaction score
So, is it possible Trump could sign a sweeping EO on abortion, making it illegal in all 50 states from conception? It then gets overturned by a circuit court and then it sent to the Supreme Court through challenges? And, those SCOTUS judges can finally do their job and address one of, if not the biggest, violation of human and civil rights in this country?

Is that a possible scenario?

Kavanaugh and Roberts are not overturning Roe.

No, this scenario is not possible.

skelly

Reaction score
Trump could most certainly pull a lot of money out of the abortion industry I’m sure with an executive order.

Matt

Reaction score
This is where we were always headed. This is the slope we've been sliding down. This is what everyone who was ever against dehumanizing a clump of cells because we could see the eventuality of that evil. And we were laughed at...mocked...and accused of using scare tactics. This is what happens when you justify ending a life at twelve weeks -- you find reasons to justify ending it at twenty -- then twenty-four -- it was always a matter of time that we justified ending a life at the moment of birth.

They said it would never happen. Not only is it happening....they are GLEEFUL about it. Everyone should be disgusted.

And yet, the one man that had the guts to take on and fight this culture war, the most pro life president we have ever had is being excoriated by not only the dems but by is so called allies as well. We had better recognize this fact and help Trump despite his shortcomings or we will lose the country.

Matt

Reaction score
304K new jobs for January. Despite the claims by the MSM the government shutdown would have negative impact on job growth. I wonder what January GDP will be. Perhaps we can permanently furlough the 800K non essential government employees.

Matt

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Kory

Reaction score
And yet, the one man that had the guts to take on and fight this culture war, the most pro life president we have ever had is being excoriated by not only the dems but by is so called allies as well. We had better recognize this fact and help Trump despite his shortcomings or we will lose the country.
I have no desire to support a president who makes hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens felons with the stroke of a pen.

Matt

Reaction score
I have no desire to support a president who makes hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens felons with the stroke of a pen.

Serious question. Whats the purpose of a bump stock and why do you need it ? I was not familiar with them until fairly recently. I just don't know their purpose.

Evan

Reaction score
I don't like Northam. His defense of abortion is abominable. I'm certainly not going to defend his racist yearbook page. But, I'll issue the same warning to the GOP that many in the GOP tried to issue to the Democrats during Kavanaugh: dredging up people's past from 35 years ago, and imposing standards that don't allow for anyone to have ever made a mistake, will not work our favorably in the end.

That said, Northam's case is especially egregious. He was in medical school. He certainly should've known better. Youth isn't really a relevant excuse for Northam. How could anyone in that age range not realize the inappropriateness of that kind of dress and behavior?

I understand the whole concept of "now they have to play by their own rules" but that's a poor substitute for actual fairness or a set standard. It's a truly loathsome picture. Northam and his party will have to decide if he's going to continue to be the Governor in Virginia. I think every one of these types of cases should be handled individually since there are always different facts, different histories, etc. In other words, context, patterns of behavior, time elapsed, etc should be criteria.

Personally, I have a hard time with social justice mobs devouring people - - even if it is someone I do not like, and have no use for, like Ralph Northam.

Evan

Reaction score
Serious question. Whats the purpose of a bump stock and why do you need it ? I was not familiar with them until fairly recently. I just don't know their purpose.

"Shall not be infringed"

What does need or purpose have to do with it? I could pick any firearm accessory and need or purpose have nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back