• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

1/6-1/7 Winter Storm Potential Thread

Reaction score
The southernwx website stopped working for me. Tyler Penland told TW was back up :) I am glad to be back. I really have been looking over the data lately and have seen it all.

Reaction score
Final call map everyone find your location on the map!
15825856_10211508346566997_8019244157332729828_n.jpg

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hmmmmmmm Euro went from a little 1-2" snow for Alabama at the late night run to nothing for the 12z. Certainly concerning for those in central Alabama wanting to see the white stuff.

The Canadian also went from a light accumulating snowfall in Central Alabama at 00z to basically no snow at 12z.

Fred Gossage

Meteorologist
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Latest HRRR/RAP starts light but expanding precip in the Birmingham area by 12Z tomorrow morning, with temps in the 29-31F range... and dewpoints in the mid 20s (evaporational cooling room)...

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Is Jackson, MS Nexrad in clear air mode?

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, looks like it is.

It's showing a lot of moisture already streaming NE... assuming that's just the atmosphere moistening up and nothing is hitting the ground, but I was surprised to see it look that good. Clear air mode would explain that a bit...lol.

TripleJ185

Reaction score
Yeah, just got the texts and emails. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Glad GDOT (and some local governments) went ahead and started prepping the roads today.

ShowMeYourTDs

Reaction score
Yeah, just got the texts and emails. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Glad GDOT (and some local governments) went ahead and started prepping the roads today.

Thing is though, if this thing starts out as rain, which is expected for ATL proper, most of that salt/brine mixture will wash off before the change over occurs. Good thing I have a few bars I can walk to around here.

TripleJ185

Reaction score
Thing is though, if this thing starts out as rain, which is expected for ATL proper, most of that salt/brine mixture will wash off before the change over occurs. Good thing I have a few bars I can walk to around here.
Yes, that's very true. I've been stocking up for the weekend with beer, chips and PB. It'll be all good (until the power goes out... lol)

Back