• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Winter Weather January 2, 2022 Silver Lining Thread

Evan

Reaction score
Are you getting snow? Do you have accumulation?

Yes. Accumulating on cars, bushes, etc. Definitely significant snow coming down. Not a mix. Hardest it has snowed at my house in the 18 I've owned it.

Evan

Reaction score
North of US 278 is crush city. I would imagine it will massively overperform there.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Huntsville might do pretty well with this one....
No question about it imo, the snowfall rates are very healthy. Atmosphere is juiced up and lift parameters are ample for a productive snowfall. Even with a warm ground the amount of icy precipitation will outpace melting. There's a healthy coating of ice & snow on nearly everything but concrete here in south Huntsville, and I expect the linear edges of the precipitation shield to get even more blurry and productive as the moisture gets increasingly squeezed out of the air. I think we finally made it above the cut-off on this one. At least I hope :cool:

Evan

Reaction score
Much larger flakes now but slower coming down. Doubt we will see more than a dusting to 0.5" here. Ground is just too warm. Exposed surfaces are a different story.

Evan

Reaction score
Dry slotted into Bolivia here. As Iron Mike would say...

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Down to 32° here atop Red Mountain, still falling, but it may rise a bit when the snow stops later. I am sure the infrastructure is very warm and will radiate some, that will probably melt some snow quickly depending on how far below freezing we go

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
In Madison County, AL the snowfall rate is easily over 1" per hr, almost close to 2". I cleared some patches about 20 minutes ago and there's 4/5ths of an inch reaccumulated since. Elevated cardboard surfaces (leftover Christmas present boxes we put outside) have ~3"+ accumulation.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The snow is coming down HARD and windy in Anniston.

Back