• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Winter WX Winter Weather January 2, 2022 Silver Lining Thread

John Jaye

Reaction score
Down to 34.0 now in Jasper. Ground is beginning to get white. a lot of it is from a nice sleet shower but it is all snow now. Coming down pretty good.

Kolle

Reaction score
I believe I heard some thundersnow in the Five Points area of Huntsville about 15-20 minutes ago. (That or my neighbor was moving their trash can down the alley... in heavy snowfall. Probably thundersnow.)

Evan

Reaction score
Snow Mix now. Below 36 degrees now.

Evan

Reaction score
Insane snow and 34 here

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Coming down pretty good here accumulating on surfaces other than the ground, probably not going to cover the ground but neat to look at. Started with a hefty round of sleet earlier

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
We're still around 33-34 in Huntsville but the ground is turning white with a glaze of icey snow on the wet surfaces. Snow has been pouring down for awhile now and with medium sized meaty flakes. No salt or gravel on the road, I don't think the city is ready for this. I'm expecting major roads to get closed down overnight.

Evan

Reaction score
This is nuts. And the wind is crazy.

Back