• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Svr Wx Event - April 15-17, 2024

Clancy

Reaction score
Yes, have made plans to chase. Although the 0Z HRRR threw a wrench in things but not firing a robust second round of supercells like it was before. The first round with its northward-moving cells racing across the warm front and becoming elevated is the only show.
Well best of luck to you tomorrow for sure, just stay safe as always!

MichelleH

Reaction score
Me over here watching Wxtwitter ***coughs*** ahem TalkWeather
Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

Me over here about to run out of bubble gum.

Clancy

Reaction score
I’m just a little confused, for the past 2 days everyone, or at least I thought everyone knew this was a nocturnal threat.
If that cumulus field isn’t up and going by 10pm then it will be safe to say the conditional threat was, well, a conditional threat. Day time convection being non present in Kansas shouldn’t come as a surprise, but I guess events like Apr 27th, 2011 sort of spoiled some people into thinking every event is going to start far earlier than forecasted.

Edit: that line of thunderstorms coming towards me is definitely unexpected, but I’ll take it, lol.
Admittedly I haven't been able to keep track of this setup as well as usual due to life things, and was figuring that diurnal convection was anticipated in classic Plains fashion. That said, anything that forms over the next several hours would be in a great environment, theoretically speaking, especially across Kansas.
1713233291083.png

Reaction score
Admittedly I haven't been able to keep track of this setup as well as usual due to life things, and was figuring that diurnal convection was anticipated in classic Plains fashion. That said, anything that forms over the next several hours would be in a great environment, theoretically speaking, especially across Kansas.
View attachment 25425

That was the thought around day 6 when it looked like today could have a very high ceiling, but then the model consensus quickly slowed down the trough ejection, keeping the forcing west of the dryline until close to sunset which coupled with the capping issues made daytime initiation unlikely.

Back