• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Summer Weather 2019

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We got a 30-minute downpour this afternoon which naturally hit just as I got off the bus.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Gotta love heat advisory conditions while working outdoors raising walls for eight hours. Surprised there wasn't one issued yesterday too as heat indices hit that miserable level yesterday as well. "Just three months till October" is the mantra that gets me through the days now :D At 11am multiple official recording sites are already HX 105+... yikes.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We've had some gusty storms in Huntsville today. 30 mph gust recorded by the Perry Williams Memorial Weather Station. This has resulted in some damage on N. Memorial Parkway including this CRISIS situation...

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Gotta love the anti rain forcefield parked overhead. Wish I knew how to turn it off.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Today's new drought monitor map shows a decent chunk of D1 popping up in central AL; I hope Barry helps a bit with that.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love the anti rain forcefield parked overhead. Wish I knew how to turn it off.
Mines been active for awhile now. I think to get it to turn off you just have to water your entire yard and garden. Seemed to work as I got torrential rain today.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Pls share? Thundering again, just sitting there taunting me lol

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We got two rounds of storms today but thankfully no repeat of the flooding on Monday.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Another day, another rush hour severe thunderstorm. I think we’re up to three rush hour severe warnings and a rush hour flash flood emergency in the last three weeks.

Reaction score
We had an absolute downpour here today from around 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, and we're supposed to get more on Friday/Saturday. I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't flooding in the area.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Guess the state that has a severe thunderstorm today just like they have about every day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Had a wild late afternoon storm in my area. As it was moving in, it produced a pretty legit dust devil. It shattered a bank sign and blew the pieces across a large intersection into another business. Very strong wind and extremely heavy rain. Was pretty cool to watch.

Back