• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Summer Weather 2019 (1 Viewer)


Equus

Member
Messages
1,254
Location
Saragossa, AL
^ Perhaps a gustnado?

Had a heavy shower four days in a row earlier this week, so am eager to see if we're out of the D2 on next week's drought monitor (probably past the cutoff for this one) - so much better than the miserable heat indices last weekend. Just two and a half months till October... yesssss.
 

Equus

Member
Messages
1,254
Location
Saragossa, AL
Rain is falling all over Walker but it's isolated and I dunno if it has rained at the house yet. We have been getting our best rain in days with 30% or less probs

Ok granddad says it's coming a flood so I'm left to assume it's raining lol
 

Equus

Member
Messages
1,254
Location
Saragossa, AL
We have had some decent showers lately but ONLY on days with 30% or less precip chance. If chances hit over 30%, forget it. The last four or five >30-40% events have produced only sprinkles, if that... until chances drop below 30
 

rolltide_130

Member
Messages
794
Location
Harvest, Alabama
Special Affiliations
My rain shield has been turned off ever since I relocated from Harvest to the south side of Madison close to 565. Getting downpours almost every day and sometimes multiple times a day down here. Definitely curious to know if there are some small-scale factors in action down here that aren't present back home..
 

Equus

Member
Messages
1,254
Location
Saragossa, AL
It feels AMAZING this morning. Overcast, low humidity, windy, low 60s. Best morning since spring. Partially makes up for completely missing out on any rain at all last night on a 70% precip day
 

Austin Dawg

Member
Messages
101
Location
Austin Texas
It feels AMAZING this morning. Overcast, low humidity, windy, low 60s. Best morning since spring. Partially makes up for completely missing out on any rain at all last night on a 70% precip day
I hope we get some more fronts during August. We went from 99 yesterday to 89 today and we are supposed to have 60's the next couple of nights. That's when it is really nice here in Austin. I spend all of July and August wishing for Fall, my favorite season. Dry, cool nights, warm days and football.
 

warneagle

Member
Messages
1,576
Location
Silver Spring, MD
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
Germany and the Netherlands have both obliterated their all-time nation-wide temperature records this week. It’s gotten above 42C in areas where even 40C is essentially unheard of.

 

Kory

Member
Messages
3,476
Location
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Germany and the Netherlands have both obliterated their all-time nation-wide temperature records this week. It’s gotten above 42C in areas where even 40C is essentially unheard of.

I don’t wanna go there, but I think we’re really starting to see climate change accelerate. Alaska and Greenland have broken all time record highs. We’re seeing stubborn blocking patterns setting up...breaking records as well.
 

warneagle

Member
Messages
1,576
Location
Silver Spring, MD
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
I don’t wanna go there, but I think we’re really starting to see climate change accelerate. Alaska and Greenland have broken all time record highs. We’re seeing stubborn blocking patterns setting up...breaking records as well.
And it’s particularly dangerous in places like Central and Northern Europe because almost nobody has air conditioning in their homes. Neither of the apartments I lived in in Germany had A/C. Germany set a new all-time high again today with 41.5C in Lingen (in northwest Germany near the Dutch border).

 

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Technical Admin
Messages
835
Location
Hartselle, al
Special Affiliations
HAM Callsign
W4TFO
That's hot. The luckily return to normal by Sunday. Saturday is close but still above average for Germany/France.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top