• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Summer Weather 2019

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
^ Perhaps a gustnado?

Had a heavy shower four days in a row earlier this week, so am eager to see if we're out of the D2 on next week's drought monitor (probably past the cutoff for this one) - so much better than the miserable heat indices last weekend. Just two and a half months till October... yesssss.

Kory

Reaction score
Nice tropical downpours this morning in Tuscaloosa. Believe it or not, this is upper level energy associated with Barry’s remnants.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Rain is falling all over Walker but it's isolated and I dunno if it has rained at the house yet. We have been getting our best rain in days with 30% or less probs

Ok granddad says it's coming a flood so I'm left to assume it's raining lol

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We have had some decent showers lately but ONLY on days with 30% or less precip chance. If chances hit over 30%, forget it. The last four or five >30-40% events have produced only sprinkles, if that... until chances drop below 30

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
My rain shield has been turned off ever since I relocated from Harvest to the south side of Madison close to 565. Getting downpours almost every day and sometimes multiple times a day down here. Definitely curious to know if there are some small-scale factors in action down here that aren't present back home..

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It feels AMAZING this morning. Overcast, low humidity, windy, low 60s. Best morning since spring. Partially makes up for completely missing out on any rain at all last night on a 70% precip day

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
It feels AMAZING this morning. Overcast, low humidity, windy, low 60s. Best morning since spring. Partially makes up for completely missing out on any rain at all last night on a 70% precip day

I hope we get some more fronts during August. We went from 99 yesterday to 89 today and we are supposed to have 60's the next couple of nights. That's when it is really nice here in Austin. I spend all of July and August wishing for Fall, my favorite season. Dry, cool nights, warm days and football.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's jaw dropping for July. Feels like an early May or October day. It's still nice out.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Germany and the Netherlands have both obliterated their all-time nation-wide temperature records this week. It’s gotten above 42C in areas where even 40C is essentially unheard of.

Kory

Reaction score
Germany and the Netherlands have both obliterated their all-time nation-wide temperature records this week. It’s gotten above 42C in areas where even 40C is essentially unheard of.

I don’t wanna go there, but I think we’re really starting to see climate change accelerate. Alaska and Greenland have broken all time record highs. We’re seeing stubborn blocking patterns setting up...breaking records as well.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I don’t wanna go there, but I think we’re really starting to see climate change accelerate. Alaska and Greenland have broken all time record highs. We’re seeing stubborn blocking patterns setting up...breaking records as well.
And it’s particularly dangerous in places like Central and Northern Europe because almost nobody has air conditioning in their homes. Neither of the apartments I lived in in Germany had A/C. Germany set a new all-time high again today with 41.5C in Lingen (in northwest Germany near the Dutch border).

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That's mortifying. Those temperatures would be extremely above average here. The future's depressing.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
That's hot. The luckily return to normal by Sunday. Saturday is close but still above average for Germany/France.

Back