• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Summer Weather 2019

Kory

Reaction score
I’d like to get to go the lake and use the pool more than one weekend a month. Seems like every weekend has had high rain chances since the beginning of June.

Apparently the majority of people no longer enjoy traditional outdoor summer activities. Some of y’all need to move north, hahaha.
I honestly don’t see this pattern breaking for the foreseeable future. Ridging over the Desert Southwest and off the Atlantic with troughing over the Central/East US should keep temps below or near normal with above average precipitation.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
I honestly don’t see this pattern breaking for the foreseeable future. Ridging over the Desert Southwest and off the Atlantic with troughing over the Central/East US should keep temps below or near normal with above average precipitation.
giphy.gif

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’ve been golfing every weekend, and this wet pattern hasn’t affected me yet. The beauty of scattered convection that doesn’t last all day or misses your golf destination.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If I didn't enjoy the spring severe so much I would go north; I hate summer, sun, dryness, and temperatures above 75 lol. But it's kind of like willingly standing in a sauna and complaining about being miserable I guess

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Another >50% precip day, another round of sprinkles that barely settled the dust. Unless instability regenerates fast from the clouds and sprinkles that could be it for the day here again. Seriously if it hadn't been for the overnight bow echo we would be at about 3/4" of rain for the last month from what I calculate at the house, so we're still between a third and a half of normal precip for the month. Cant remember a time when heavy rain has been so close but missed so many times. :p

ARCC

Reaction score
Another >50% precip day, another round of sprinkles that barely settled the dust. Unless instability regenerates fast from the clouds and sprinkles that could be it for the day here again. Seriously if it hadn't been for the overnight bow echo we would be at about 3/4" of rain for the last month from what I calculate at the house, so we're still between a third and a half of normal precip for the month. Cant remember a time when heavy rain has been so close but missed so many times. :p

And over here I'm at over 7 inches for the month.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just a few miles away in downtown Jasper they're at about twice what I am, these events have been very picky

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'd like to see the monthly total for Sipsey or thereabouts NE of Jasper, several heavy rain events up that way. Steep precip total gradients with the nature and track of the events this month

skelly

Reaction score
I'd like to see the monthly total for Sipsey or thereabouts NE of Jasper, several heavy rain events up that way. Steep precip total gradients with the nature and track of the events this month
What’s with Tyson and their wastewater situation up there?!

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Jasper Walmart seemed to be out of water, have heard reports of drinking water tasting rather bad in some locales here

skelly

Reaction score
What I am hearing that ecoli is off the charts and a huge fish kill originating from Tyson into the Sipsey...

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The dust and rock hard ground out there is making gardening/working difficult. Guess I need to start planting desert plants

And yeah, a little concerned about the e coli levels since pretty sure the water here comes from the Black Warrior somewhere downstream.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From barely an inch for a month to flash flood warning and torrential stationary storms. It's a good day

The heaviest rain missed yet again to the west AND east but still had a decent soaking. Its 66 in Cullman; definitely my favorite weather day since probably April lol

Last edited:

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And a surprise line of westward moving strong storms today - SUPER intense lightning, strong wind, and radar totals of an inch of rain. We are quickly catching up on monthly rainfall on <50% chance precip days lol. I wish we could get some nighttime MCS so I could sleep to the sounds of rain but will definitely take it; the small creek at the house was dry even after yesterday's heavy rains but I feel that today maybe we caught back up and it's flowing.

Back