• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Snow Threat on Tuesday (Jan 16, 2018)

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm quite curious to see how the roads around Birmingham hold up. I'm flying in in a couple hours, and have to make a trek out I-20

You can download this App or just look the site up....ALGO Traffic...
I'm in Shelby Co and this last band is accumulating and it's in the mid-20's.....maybe somehow can report on I-20....

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather mobile app

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well, IMBY I saw barely a trace. It certainly wouldn't qualify as a dusting, but the signs were there last night.

I'd hardly call it a bust, though.

Exactly, it wasn't about the snow accumulating as much as the roads getting wet from any precip and then plummeting temps freezing the roads over...

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather mobile app

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Things don't seem to be too bad in general between Manchester and Jasper in northern Walker; even some of the back roads are alright. Accumulation was relatively light. I've heard things are much worse south and west of Jasper though. Something tells me there was a decent gradient of totals and icing levels not too far from here.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
All cities in Calhoun County have closed their roads now. The street and sidewalk in front of my house is entirely snow covered now.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
I guess, in a way, I am disappointed in this event. While I obviously didn’t expect much snow, I did expect higher impacts on roads around my area. From what I gather, roads are mostly okay.

If only there had been more moisture for this system to work with...

cyelle21

Reaction score
Snow is fairly heavy in Selma right now. Radar looks healthier than it has all day. Definitely has filled in since this afternoon.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Almost having snowmageddon here in Atlanta. Got a little over an inch metro-wide, numerous collisions on the roads. Stay off the roads!

Kory

Reaction score
My family in NOLA is cut off completely. ALL bridges leading out of the city are closed. I-10 is pretty much closed from the TX/LA border to the LA/MS border.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for sharing their experiences during this "Snowageddon" event. Hope everyone was able to stay warm and had a little fun.

Back