• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Significant Tornado Events

There are no photos of the factory but a sketch which I must say is not very convincing of an F5 rating to me. Simply not enough info for an F-scale call.
Tbf that's true for a lot of old tornadoes, New Richmond, Sherman, Rochester, and Pomeroy are kinda anomalies in that regard.
 
Tbf that's true for a lot of old tornadoes, New Richmond, Sherman, Rochester, and Pomeroy are kinda anomalies in that regard.
Well with New Richmond and some of the others we have the contextual evidence to back it up - Camden, as far as I am aware, we do not. It's kind of like "singular building with no concrete photos heavily damaged with no other evidence of strength".

Anyways, that's an EF thread debate and one I am not in the state of mind to get into. I don't have the sketch on hand but it'd be nice if someone could post it.
 
Last edited:
Well with New Richmond and some of the others we have the contextual evidence to back it up - Camden, as far as I am aware, we do not. It's kind of like "singular building with no concrete photos heavily damaged with no other evidence of strength".

Anyways, that's an EF thread debate and one I am not in the state of mind to get into. I don't have the sketch on hand but it'd be nice if someone could post it.


I agree, I'm moreso saying that for every tornado that has good proof of F5 damage from that era, there are a bunch others where we have to rely on a few accounts of purported damage. We're very lucky that a majority of tornado damage nowadays ends up documented.
 
Back
Top